Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-10-2003 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber

Yes Mirror seam problem

Hi I have a Poly head model and I have tried everything and I can't get rid of the seam/joint in the middle problem. It could be because I did not construct the model properly....actually I don't know why:-)
Can I mail the model to someone/anyone who could look at it and tell me why I can't get rid of the seam in the middle.
I am not able to solve this problem unless I know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks

grrrr
# 2 25-10-2003 , 05:18 PM
yea, ill look at it, yet im not sure if it will fit in hotmail-- if not then aim me-- longer but will go through.. Hotmail ( dedsol84@hotmail.com ) aim -- xxGraphikzxx

# 3 25-10-2003 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
I sent it. It was 1.02 Mb. I hope you get it.
DeDsol- I am an Industrial designer by degree ;-) Just saw it under your profile.

grrrr
# 4 25-10-2003 , 06:02 PM
Subscriber
It came back your hotmail account could not take it :-(

grrrr
# 5 25-10-2003 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
I just realized that when I use the "mirror" command + check "merge with the original" and then "smooth" then there is no split line :-)

Previously I was using "duplicate" in the negative direction and then using "poly combine tool" then the "smooth" tool this was resulting is a split line.

Should my original method not achieve the same result as the mirror merge method as well????

grrrr
# 6 25-10-2003 , 10:26 PM
The Maya Mountain