Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-04-2007 , 04:39 PM
# 2 11-04-2007 , 07:04 PM
I love your ninja back handspring part, it looks way cool! Everything else looks really nice too, but the beast coming through the gate has a little problem. There's a part that his shoulder plate went through his arm. I don't think it's supposed to do that. Try messing with soft boddies for that. Good job overall!! KUTGW!!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 3 11-04-2007 , 07:18 PM
hey, nice stuff.. did u model the ninja yourself?? I also went to MAAC in gurgaon in the summer of 2004. nice place ....

im giving constructive criticism here i don't mean to sound condescending or anything I've seen alot of demo reels for animations and i'm just trying to help.

in your demo reel the opening titles are way to cheesy specially the shrek font .... try and make the entire reel feel a little more like it all belongs together. most of your reel is black and white.. im guessing your ninja is an occlusion render, use the same for the text for the opening titles and also the other stuff.

the shadows you get from occlusion are amazing in my opinion. maybe do a second pass with no shadows and just color for the walking dude and then overlay the shadows on it.

The music you have chosen works but the music and the animations don't sync up. like as soon as you switch from the title to the ninja jumping the music has already hit a peak in the title. edit it so that as soon as the peak hits you switch to the ninja.

The camera movement in the ninja jump is too erratic make it a little more stable and slow it down a little.

The punching sounds in the ninjas fighting need a little more editing, they aren't synced up right.

The flail of the wrist in the dude walking is a little to glaring.. reduce it slightly. only the left hand. his right is perfect.

The watermark of Alok Shah needs a better font.. something that is small and doesn't attract so much attention as the Disney font.

No offense but no one wants to know who you are dedicating this show reel to. I understand where you are coming from, but no big animation studio is going to give that a moments thought.

Once again please don't use fonts like the Disney one. It's always looked down on unless it's not used properly. and using it the way you have I would say a definite NO.

The text animations towards the end are too much like a power point presentation. if you want to do text animations do it in some context of in an environment or something. alphabets flying across the screen specially black on white will give people headaches.

Also end the reel when the audio does.

If you want examples of good reels I have thousands I can send you let me know.

My name is Vidur and I'm form New Delhi, not too far from you. I am currently working with Vicarious Visions ( a gaming company) their website is VVisions.com. I have seen thousands of reels and I don't want to offend or give you false hope. I'm sure there is someone in India who will hire you. It will be a low level company, you won't make much money and there won't be any room for improvement. You need to work on your skills a little more.. take some videos of people walking .. and in gurgaon just head to one of the malls and take video clips... study how the people are moving and if you can capture like a driver sitting on a rock smoking a bidi and animate that .. it will say a lot more than a single generic walk cycle.

also don't use the :- thing it looks a little bit like male genitalia.

But keep at it ..... don't get discouraged.... improve upon what ive suggested and you should feel alot better about your reel

# 4 15-04-2007 , 05:13 AM
thankx for u r all sug..
updating my showreel soon !
waiting for more replys