Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-06-2003 , 05:18 AM
The Maya Mountain

CGTalk Challenge - Sweet Tart

[EDIT]

This is an old thread of a character design I'm coming back to. user added image

[/EDIT]

Hey, guys. Figured I'd post here, too, to see what you guys think and to get ideas. user added image

Here's my idea. I really don't know if I'll be able to finish her. I'm going to see about fleshing out more drawings this weekend and getting her design and the art style thought through.

user added image

This character would be in one of those crazy, ultra-violent humor games that come up every now and then.

Sweet Tart is a roller-blading, preppy, 50's style, poodle-skirt-wearing young girl... with a thirst for blood! user added image

The gun design will most likely change. Still thinking about the hair. I have one drawn of her in a pony-tail type thing. Kinda like an old drive-in waitress.

We'll see how it goes.

Comments, ideas, suggestions, always welcomed. Forgive the drawing, as I'm not quite used to a tablet just yet.

# 2 06-06-2003 , 06:24 AM
what is the challenge topic ?

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 06-06-2003 , 01:14 PM
# 4 07-06-2003 , 01:14 AM
The Maya Mountain
New Sketch. Fleshing her out. Still not sure about her weapon. Playing with the idea of giving her swords instead of a big gun... hmmm...

user added image

# 5 07-06-2003 , 01:48 AM
Give here a knife, kinda 70's horror move style.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 6 07-06-2003 , 02:38 AM
Subscriber
she has a knife in the top picture user added image. This is awesome mike... cant wait to see it grow user added image... great wacom work btw.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 07-06-2003 , 05:02 AM
The Maya Mountain
working on some boot ideas:

user added image

# 8 07-06-2003 , 09:44 AM
Subscriber
i like the left boot better. and maybe take out the middle wheel for more of a train like look user added image

# 9 07-06-2003 , 01:39 PM
Mike, a few suggestions for the fifties school girl look....a ponytail and perhaps a letterman sweater. On the rollerblades....how about a high-tech black and white saddleshoe design....user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 10 07-06-2003 , 03:43 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks, for the suggestions, BD and Nitro.

Here's one with a pony tail and a few design changes. STILL pondering over the weapon, though. I really want to give her some kind of gun, i think... my game idea is some kind of crazy arena battle type game, ala Twisted Metal, except crazy characters rather than crazy vehicles. user added image Not necessarily 100% original, but it's fun. user added image

user added image

Still working on this pic, so Teddy Bomb and a few other things aren't yet present. user added imageI like the addition of the Hula Hoop, though. LOL, I can picture an animation of her getting knocked down. She jumps up, quickly restarts the hoola hoop and takes off, back into battle! user added image

EDIT:

here's her face unobstructed:

user added image

# 11 07-06-2003 , 04:02 PM
Hehehe, having some fun with the tablet eh Mike? user added image
Looks cool from my point of view.
Idea looks promising.

# 12 07-06-2003 , 04:22 PM
Hmmm...what about one of those old scarfs they used to wear. Actually, i think you should give her two pony tails on the left and right and a catholic schoolgirl uniform.....that'd be a rockin character! A Catholic Schoolgirl with the equivilant to QIII's BFG user added image...oh if only I could draw the human figure....hehehe

# 13 07-06-2003 , 04:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
I might play with a 2 pony tail idea. I kinda like the one at the moment. My whole idea is based on one of those 50's style drive in waitresses who would wear skates. user added image

Thanks, Adl. I'm getting the hang of the tablet. Still gotta practice more when it comes to color.

As for the weapon, I think I'm gonna do a tommy-gun type design.

# 14 07-06-2003 , 04:53 PM
Didn't the waitresses on skates at those places wear bellhop-styled hats as well? Sorry, an old flintstones episode is rolling around my head.

# 15 07-06-2003 , 04:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think I'll leave her hat-less for now. user added image