Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-10-2003 , 03:21 PM

Tea anyone?

Just working on a simple "commercial" type of scene for tea (thanks again for the scans, dave!)....mostly just for my own experimentation. The original reason was to practice animating a box. I may add some other things such as a chrome kettle to practice hdri on and perhaps a ceramic teacup with tea brewing using fluid effects. I've attached a quick composite. Shadows still need to be fixed.

Attached Thumbnails

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."

Last edited by NitroLiq; 25-10-2003 at 03:28 PM.
# 2 25-10-2003 , 03:38 PM
Iceland, because mums are heros!

# 3 25-10-2003 , 03:52 PM
I wish I had a box here to look at...I have a feeling the side textures need to be rotated 180 degrees. If any of you UK-ers have a box handy, let me know if those are facing the right direction.

# 4 25-10-2003 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
I don't have Iceland ones (I had no idea they made tea it sounds vile lol), but I have Typhoo ones in the same sort of box, and the end texture (the one with the repeat thing about 80 bags) in the top view is the other way up, if that helps - they both point downwards from the top as you look at it.

I assume so that's so people can stack them the right way up but end on if they need to and still have the label showing.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

# 5 25-10-2003 , 05:42 PM
In what way are you going to animate this box? Perhaps have it bendy and walking around? Or something else?

# 6 25-10-2003 , 05:57 PM
Probably just going to do some deformer tests...bending it left to right as if it's looking around.....maybe another test tip-toe-ing on the table.