Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-11-2006 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber

Game Character

Ok so im interning at a gaming company next semester which is in Januarey. ahhh a month and a half away. Anways, I never did any low poly crap before. The work i will be doing is more texturing and objects but they said if i can show them modeling skills, i will be able to help in developing the characters for an up and comming game. I cant say the name of the game but it will be online.

Anyways, I only have 2400 verts to play with. How the hell do they do it lmao man I give online game modelers credit. This Ish is tough but I have to learn if I want to see a character I did on the game so please helpp me.

I started the roughing of the head. i have to fix the mouth and ears but so far, i have 348 verts and thats the face, eyes, and neck. Im asuming between 370 - 390 when I get the ear finished. I want to make this a final fantasy type character so I might look up online artwork to determine the outfit and hair style but im not sure yet. ok C&C are VERY welcome.

ohh yea, im going to do a rough body shape before i work on more detials. I want ot make sure i stay under the Vert count. Im not sure how many polies equal 2400 verts but im asuming around 700-1000.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-11-2006 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
Ohhh i noticed in that pic that the top row of verts were poking out. I didnt notice until i posted that pic but that is now fixed. ok and heres another shot

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-11-2006 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber

Re: Game Character

Originally posted by 99GsTurbo
Ok so im interning at a gaming company next semester which is in Januarey.

are you gong to intern at turbine or bluefang.

if its turbine and an online game i know what it is. user added image
good luck.

you should also go by the tri count not the vert count.
i work at bluefang myself.

Last edited by vladimirjp; 15-11-2006 at 06:51 PM.
# 4 15-11-2006 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
hey man, they told me to go by vert count. Do u have msn, yahoo, or aim, if so whats ya name on there. ur really good at orgnanics and i suck at it so i might need ur help and pointers. thanks vlad

# 5 15-11-2006 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
# 6 15-11-2006 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber
Admins, please delete this thread. My Harddrive just crashed. Good thing i backed it up this week but this model was not backed up so it is no longer good. Please deleted this thread since ill prob work on this a little later. i guess im going to do some research as well