Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-02-2007 , 08:32 PM

GRASS PAINTING PROBLEM

OK, so im going insane. All's i want to do is paint some grass on a poloygonal plane. Thats it, thats all i ask. So, i make my plane, sculpt it a little to make it look like a hill, then i go into the rendering tab, go to paint effects, click on my plane and hit "make paintable" in the paint effects drop down menu, well, it does not work, because when i take out a brush and paint on the plane my grass either does not show up because it is below the plane (as in painting on the grid and not the actual land, since my land is very hilly) or i paint it on, and it goes on the plane, BUT THEN, it ends up in the corner of my plane, thats right, i will paint it on and then after a second it moves to the corner of my plane, somebody please help me before i kill myself

thank you