Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-04-2003 , 03:06 AM
Subscriber

Tournament #1 - Pony VS -<{ JB }>-

Alright, so, heres the rules.. 1 week from today (ends wednesday next week). Model a Critter, and ONLY a critter, do not pass the bare critter without clothes, accessories, etc. This tournament chart will be updated whever there is new images posted to keep you informed on how everyone is doing. Have fun user added image.

user added image

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 16-04-2003 at 03:17 AM.
# 2 16-04-2003 , 03:22 AM
Subscriber
Allrighty then... let the tournament begin!! user added image

It's gonna be great playing against you guys user added image . Best of luck to all involved. Let's try to learn a lot while we're at it!

user added image cheers user added image

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 3 16-04-2003 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
Of course, thats the whole point, learn a lot, and have a blast! I CANT wait to see what kinda critters we get out of this challenge, hehehe.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 16-04-2003 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, I must say that this tournament seems to be very well structured and organised - it's also simply a great idea. Good job M!

Hmmmmm... now I gotta think of a critter

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 5 16-04-2003 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber
yes great job M..

don't mind me I might start just a little late as I'm up to my arse with the apr challenge.. but I got a consept.. or to.. will have it some time soon..

I'll be ok as along as I don't do a lot of fricking detail like on lusifer in the challenge.. (I'm going out of my mind.. ( well not really )

# 6 16-04-2003 , 05:45 AM

Originally posted by pony
I'll be ok as along as I don't do a lot of fricking detail like on lusifer in the challenge.. (I'm going out of my mind.. ( well not really )

As long as this one can walk.

Lol, I just had to do that, just kidding bud. user added image

# 7 16-04-2003 , 06:31 AM
Subscriber

Concept sketch

Whoa - 2 compos at once!! That's a noble effort my friend!! Can't wait to see your concepts. user added image

Anyway.... here's my initial concept idea.
It'll prob change a heap as I model him!!

# 8 16-04-2003 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
cute !! I like . nice consept.

LOL @ ADL I think this time it will walk on all 4's making it eazyer for me. !! user added image hahah..

# 9 16-04-2003 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber
Pony, if you're looking for refs, go rent the Dark Crystal. Jim henson was god!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 10 16-04-2003 , 07:10 PM
Subscriber
I'v seen it. Its really cool. I like the ummm gelflings ?? I think thats what there called.. maybe I'll get something from that..

so fare what I was thinking was a centar done in with a shape stile of manga like I see on fineart.sk but with with more realisting textureing.

just one of them for now..

# 11 16-04-2003 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber
oh yeah and it can be small like a fairy centar

# 12 16-04-2003 , 07:14 PM
This is a GREAT idea!

Gonna LOVE watchin this!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 13 17-04-2003 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
Well yes the geflings are cool, but i'm talkin about all the little critter type animals that inhabit that world. They are throut the movie, but the part where Jen (or chen, the boy one anyway) meets Kira in the woods. There is sooooooooo much inspiration in that whole scene.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 14 17-04-2003 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber
I'll watch it agin...

# 15 17-04-2003 , 05:50 AM
<-- Saw it some months ago, and found really incredible those big black scarabs, and the big stick horses, or whatever they might be called.