Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-08-2005 , 04:03 PM

Modeling My first car

Hi there

i just started today on my first car. I started placing CV curves in the side view. That worked out fine. But when I wanted to start in another dimension, I jammed.

I just can't figure out how I can make my curves 3D.

Right now I have this flat "panel" of curves, as you can see in the attached picture.... I was wondering how I can insert more depth into this, so it will match the width of the car below (and in the front view, witch I hided to illustrate my problem)

How should I do this user added image

Thanks in advance, Mitchell

P.S. please don't mind my bad english.... :blush:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-08-2005 , 05:47 PM
one quick way (as I've not done many curve related things) is to duplicate the curves you have and move them to the other side of where the car width will be. Then select both and go to surfaces -> loft.

Dont know the proper of doing it way but this might help user added image

# 3 09-08-2005 , 05:50 PM
Well actually the thing I'm going for is this: user added image

But I don't know how to go the does round edges in the corners of the sides

# 4 09-08-2005 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
Should be a simple matter of moving CVs or EPs. As a tip, when drawing curves you do not have to stay in single panel. For example you might place the first CV/EP in the top view then place the second in the side view.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."