Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-11-2002 , 12:30 PM
Supreme Being

November Challenge Topic..!

Hello ppl.. :p

I remembered how when i was a lil' brat, i watched cartoons and read comics.. (i still do!) i always liked to watch the super heroes fighting against the forces of evil, i also enjoyed the super villains.. hehe

So this months challenge is to make..

Either a Super Hero or a Super Villain.. user added image

A Super Hero & Villain also needs a Super Vehicle

so you either make the Character or the Vehicle

if you want you can go ahead and make all three!! hehe :p

Create your own thread in this forum starin' with "Super Hero - Your_name".. "Super Villain - Your_name".. "Super Vehicle - Your_name"..or.. "Super Trio - Your_name"

any questions conserning this challenge should be posted in here..

happy modeling'.. user added image

# 2 08-11-2002 , 02:38 PM
Hey Roman, you stole my idea for a compo if I ever get to host one hehehe. I'll just have to think of other idea's. (Thanks MAN, and I thought you where my buddy) heheh Just playing!!! Great topic to bad I cant enter that one, cause im a mode now.

HEHE

Kurtuser added image

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb

Last edited by Kurt; 08-11-2002 at 03:03 PM.
# 3 08-11-2002 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber
nice competition. that will be hard - but i am up for it: as soon as i get some done i start my own thread - and very good this one needs not be textured ...

would a hero on rollerblades count as hero plus vehicle? user added image

another question: what is the difference of villian and hero? it does not make any difference, unless you see how they act ...

Originally posted by Kurt
Great topic to bad I cant enter that one, cause im a mode now.

HEHE

Kurtuser added image

hehe, and you already have the hero almost ready in wip section user added image

# 4 08-11-2002 , 05:35 PM
Supreme Being
Kurt.. hehe.. thnx man.. but hey.. who said you can't take part in it man.. you can, you just can't win it.. :p.. hope to see you in this one man.. user added image

babyduck.. the vehicle can be whatever you want it to be man.. heh.. it's all up to you and your imagination.. user added image
the difference between a hero and the villain is on the idea and how you gonna present it to us..

# 5 08-11-2002 , 05:39 PM
Supreme Being
more fun.. :p
i also expect the characters.. hero or villain.. to have a dynamic pose.. basic riggin' will be needed.. hehe.. user added image

# 6 08-11-2002 , 05:57 PM
can the hero be a comic charater or a made up hero/villain.

# 7 08-11-2002 , 06:15 PM
Can I use my WIP character hes a comic guy?

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 08-11-2002 , 06:24 PM
Supreme Being
crgowo.. you can make whatever you want.. it's your hero/villain after all.. :p

Kurt.. sorry man.. but all the challenge entries have to be new made model's made in the challenge's timeline..

btw.. the challenge lasts for one month.. 8th of December

model away.. user added image

# 9 18-11-2002 , 11:15 AM
Count me out on this one guys, i would love to do it, but i just dont have the time, hopefully closer to christmas things will clear up for me (hopefully user added image. Although i will still be kicking around here user added image.

Cheers,
Imperator

# 10 18-11-2002 , 12:17 PM
Supreme Being
well thats too bad m8.. i hope you manage to make it for the forthcomin' one.. cya then.. :p

# 11 19-11-2002 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
some questions: the rules say no texturing, can i still make different colored lambert shaders so the different parts are distinguishable? and if lights are allowed, what about slight shadows? should the model be connected, or are seperate parts grouped together ok?

and another question: if work effort does count, what is better: a wireframe you cannot look though (thus needed years to model) or just minimal curves that look like more as they are good choosen? (right now the only thing i have is some nurbs circles that get lofted.)

# 12 20-11-2002 , 08:52 AM
Supreme Being
you can texture or color.. but for final the final render no textures are allowed.. shadows are allowed, since lighting is allowed..
as for the wireframe you post what you want.. after all it your entry.. :p
in the challenge everything counts.. but most of all it's the Idea.. hehe user added image