Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-09-2006 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber

Selecting CVs over and over and over...

In Max I can choose the vertices level and then I can click around until I hit on a vertex. In other words, I STAY in the vertex level of THAT OBJECT until I jump out of it.

In Maya I right-click on my surface and choose Control Vertex and then I hope I don't click in the wrong place. If I click in the wrong place I'll be out of edit mode and possibly selecting a different object altogether.

How do I make vertex selection lock the way it does in Max?

# 2 05-09-2006 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure, that bothers me as well at times one way i get around it is press 't' to get the selection tool so you have a larger error margin for selecting the verts. Hope this helps until someone else has the proper solution

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 06-09-2006 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tip! That is handy.

And hopefully someone will chime in with a solution that will help us with the clicking clicking clicking.

Last edited by daveyslc; 06-09-2006 at 01:42 AM.
# 4 06-09-2006 , 02:31 PM
Press F9. This will take you into vertex component mode and you wont go out of it by clicking in the wrong place. This works for several modes being:

F9 - Vertices
F10 - Edges
F11 - Faces

And pressing F8 one or more times will bring you back to object mode.

Hope that helped.

# 5 06-09-2006 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
Oh yes it helps. Thanks you! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Peace,
David