Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 09-03-2007 , 09:17 AM
Better, much better.....just think that yoda seems a little 2 fat and just like bobalie said, seems a little younger than he is

But very good now user added image

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 32 09-03-2007 , 04:44 PM
The skin color looks great now. I do agree with Gamester though;
the head looks a little flat.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 33 09-03-2007 , 05:15 PM

Originally posted by bobalie
He looks really good, and I really hope not to offend, but he looks . . . childish? I'm not sure why, but he looks very young. You know Yoda, hes like 900 years old lol. Maybe its the lack of old whispy hairs? What do you guys think?

When 900 years old you are, look as good you will not!

But aye, he needs more definition on his brow, such as winkles in addition to the funky surface that is Yoda's forehead.

Other than that, I agree that grey wisps of hair will do it, too.

# 34 09-03-2007 , 05:29 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I agree with al of you guys so there's no argument there, i wanted to put some grey hairs on him, but it was already very late like 1 o'clock in the evening/ night and the alarmclock is set to 6 o'clock so needless to say it was to late to be doing that. it would also mean that i would rush it and f#ck it all up.
I personally don't think he looks to flat, but i agree that he looks to fat, i think that this is easily solved by pulling the vertices around the cheekbone down and back, to get that skinny look.
The aging part could in my opinion be solved by pulling down the lower eyelid and make it more oval.
then make the browridge more arched, the grey hair would obviously help of course.
then there are the aging/ liver-spots on the top of his head(see attached image), i think i'm going to solve that by using a layered shader
And the last part to make yoda older is something i don't know how to do for sure and that is the dimples around his cheekbone and on his upperlip, i think i will model it because i suck bigtime in texturing let alone painting one by hand in photoshop.
in time i want to improve my skill in texturing, but at the moment my texturingskill isn't good enough to make something that realistic, so there you have it i'm not perfect :lol:

Attached Thumbnails
# 35 09-03-2007 , 06:16 PM
Great stuff, you have got a lot of character going on with the face for such a low res model. Also, have you got any plans to make the rest of him and give him his saber.

looking forward to more on this.

# 36 10-03-2007 , 10:14 AM
yes i wanted to do the start on his body this weekend but the head isn't finished yet so we"ll see
and thanks for all the compliments they are boosting morale here :p

# 37 10-03-2007 , 08:22 PM
hi , i applied some fur to his head, and moddeled some creases in his head to get a more aged look

Attached Thumbnails
# 38 11-03-2007 , 10:06 AM
I've just started with the body, i will later adjust the head when everything is done so i can look at it with a clear view.
I'm modeling his actual body and i will later use cloth to give him some clothes

Attached Thumbnails
# 39 12-03-2007 , 04:50 AM
Body modeling is looking good so far. I think you should decrease the fur size and make it a little greyer.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 40 12-03-2007 , 05:21 AM
It's becoming really nice

Just want to give you an advice for your body modeling......don't forget that yoda is known by is great mind strength not the body strengh, but don't forget that he is a jedi and he got a very strong training so don't make him to slim

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 41 12-03-2007 , 09:53 AM
thanks for the comments and advice guys and you are probably right echo red about the fur i rushed it a little bit:bandit:
I am a little bit further with the body, but there's one thing that concerns me a little bit and that's the proportions.
It looks like his body is to small (or head to big it's just the way you look at it:p ).
But when i load a picture in photoshop yoda's body is approx. 2,5 /3 head's tall in maya i'm about 3/3,5 heads high with the body.
Maybe it's just that i haven't moddeled his claws and paws yet and not yet made his clothes, which will give him more volume.
or that he's not standing straight up(these things happen when you're 900 years old)
i've attached a smooth and rough model

Attached Thumbnails
# 42 12-03-2007 , 09:54 AM
smooth model

Attached Thumbnails
# 43 12-03-2007 , 12:08 PM
Hehehehhe yap the body seems not to be in the same scale that the head, probably the cloth will make it more real

# 44 12-03-2007 , 01:21 PM
Maybe he looks that way, no one has seen Yoda naked...

# 45 12-03-2007 , 01:30 PM
i adjusted the final head a little bit i think he looks sweet i'm noot yet that good with fur but i think the layered shader worked out just fine

Attached Thumbnails