Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 46 12-12-2002 , 10:46 PM
I definetly like the look of this char. better than the last, but Now I am wondering what it could actually do... Hmmm... Its, just kind of "there". Dosen't have any arms or anything. Grrr... Well back to the drawing board again... sorry about all the post hope you guys don't mind. THanks,
Brian

# 47 12-12-2002 , 11:08 PM
Hey Brian, its Kurt. Your new char looks great. Maybe give your deck wheel chair access so he could get down and maybe try and give your xmas tree some miracle grow and see what it looks like when its huge and gnarled, just a thought. Gimme a holler later.

Be aztec-nical as you can with talking to fellow Mayans.
# 48 13-12-2002 , 03:16 AM
Hey kurt. Thanks for the reply, yeah... not sure what I am going to do now. Had a few more ideas. both the Wheel chair access and making the tree bigger are good ideas. Have tons more work to do, but I will give you a call about it later. Ummm.....off the subject, I can meet with you tomorrow to do the Matchmoving on the scene with ET. THanks for the C&C, talk to you later,
me

# 49 13-12-2002 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber
Facinating little environment you keep adding to - can't wait to see what comes next... user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 50 13-12-2002 , 02:33 PM
hey guys, here is the start of my next char... my 3rd one. THinking about adding a couple characters, and then making them sit down in a school type enviorment with desks on the deck, then have a "teacher" char standing up pointing to a a drawing, with a chrismas tree with an x thru it, and it on fire. user added image let me know what you think, thanks,
Brian

# 51 13-12-2002 , 02:48 PM
Kevin
what a great scene you are building there! brain ermm speed.. lol

# 52 13-12-2002 , 04:33 PM
here is another update of this guy, thanks,
THought that this was kinda wierd looking,
I'm going to make one side black and the other one white.
brian

# 53 13-12-2002 , 04:35 PM
That's what I call twisted user added image Imagine it walking user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 54 13-12-2002 , 05:13 PM
here is the latest on that guy...

# 55 13-12-2002 , 05:16 PM
hard to tell from that pic, but he is fat on one side and skinny on the other. let me know what you think,
Brian

# 56 13-12-2002 , 06:39 PM
To me it looks like the half which is facing to the right is pulling the other half forward. That initiated another idea: why don't you make the other half completely black and the other white. It would be like grown together twins fighting to get rid of each other. Don't know how that relates to the topic of the challenge tho user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 57 13-12-2002 , 06:42 PM
Thats really funny because that is exactly what my Girlfriend just said when I showed it to her, yeah, thats what I am going to do I will change it when I get home tonight. I am really not trying to spend to much time on some of the guys since they are just going to be sitting in the background of my final image. thanks for your C&C,
Brian

# 58 13-12-2002 , 07:54 PM
Subscriber
great character! I can see him barbequeing Rudolph steaks... cracking a beer as it starts to snow - argueing with itself

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 59 14-12-2002 , 04:03 AM
Subscriber
WOW!! amazing work user added image i think theres a bit too much black and white going on, confuses me eyes user added image

speedy: how long has it taken you to get to the stage ur at now? and how long have you been using maya?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 60 14-12-2002 , 05:23 PM
Supreme Being
damn.. brian.. you've been busy,and i'm likin' it.. nice work man.. i like the b&w touch too... just hopin' you'll make the scene a lil' bit more twisted.. user added image