Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 76 10-05-2010 , 07:32 AM
Lifetime Member
aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr thats what it was, I apologise for my mistake.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 77 24-05-2010 , 02:56 AM
Lifetime Member
steve and g-man,

apparently the Chinese have done it, if I heard JJJ radio correctly. They apparently sent data via quantum entanglement 16km to another office somewhere. I will be looking for it today and see if its bulldust or not.

cheers bullet

ok boys, this is the link to the ABC (Australia) the parent station of the youth radio JJJ. So if it was on this morning it should pop up in here somewhere, note the plasma rocket thread!! interesting indeed.

https://www.abc.net.au/science/tag/br...st&tag=physics

and another one that may interest you both, dark energy

https://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...09/2765371.htm

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 24-05-2010 at 03:11 AM.
# 78 30-05-2010 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
Ok, so, the great rip...That would suck, but as a theory I see no use in pursuing it, for a few reasons, #1, If it is going to happen, we'll have about 2 minutes warning, that it happened, and it will no longer matter anyway. and #2, since it has yet to happen, it cannot be proven as a plausible theory by any measurable scientific method.

Dark matter, and dark energy, I am not so sure i buy into either of them. ITs a convenient way to explain things we have yet to comprehend. Gravitational lensing is the only possible method at this time to attempt to see Dark Matter. But, who's to say that the lensing isn't caused by a black hole, or a dead galaxy ( It is already proven that galaxy's can cause gravitational lensing, just study the Hubble Deep Field image. ) and Theoretically at this stage of the universes development there should be at least 2 to the 10th dead galaxy's in existence at this time. Galaxy's who no longer have enough mass of hydrogen to create stars, Those small early galaxy's would be among these, the ones who houses the super duper massive uber stars form ye time of olde, those that were on the order of a Google times the size of the sun that burned themselves out in 1 million years or less, and exploded with a force near that of the Great bang of bangs its self. yea, those would be dead galaxy's.

Also, Its theoretical that any Gravitational lensing could as well be caused by Hyper strings, or Super strings..granted the theory of Strings in any form has basically been proven wrong at least to our current understanding of the universe , the face still remains, that the only current way of detecting said energy is not plausibly accurate to a scientific study of any sort.

I'm babbling...LoL

On to something more important,
Heisenberg uncertainty Princible.
I woudl suggest to you, If at the quantum level i cannot see exactally where somethgin is without efecting its speed, or see how fast it moves without effecting its position, Perhaps the same is true of us. Mayhaps we all effect each other just by knowing of the others existance?...IT woudl make sense right?
Think of it, even in terms of Maya. Say, I know the answer to a question you do not know, By knowing me, i have effected you and your position on maya and its use.

Theorize on how the above mentioned prinsible can be applied to everyday life would you?

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 79 30-05-2010 , 03:14 AM
Lifetime Member
The lensing would show grouping wouldnt it g-man?? and if the dark matter was evenly distributed (as it should be) then this wouldnt show as grouping. (I assume). So it would be very difficult to detect if at all. If it has mass, as the theory stands, and is evenly distributed it would be like trying to find colourless liquid in water I would think.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 80 30-05-2010 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber
Aye, if the matter is distributed evenly as the theory states it would not be able to cause lensing, good point i hadn't thought of it. If it would cause lensing while distributed evenly then the entire universe would appear lensed, and the effect would be worse the farther away the object would be.

theoretically one might actually be able to see their own galaxy as if viewing form a distant point of view due to the amount of bending the light would be subjected to.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 81 30-05-2010 , 09:16 PM
Lifetime Member
I agree g-man. I think they would have to determine 'what' dark matter is made of and try to detect the particles somehow. This again would be hard as the 'background' noise would most certainly mask it. I would have thought that 'Voyager' and all those other probes would have had some sort of detection instruments for ANY particles etc they encountered along the way. Maybe not so much the earlier ones but the later models??

As one of the theories of propulsion was to use hydrogen scooped up by a ramjet of sorts, from memory? They would have had to see if it was there wouldnt they? or that 'something' was there at least.

cheers bullet

bullet1968