Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-10-2010 , 05:00 PM
Subscriber

Scaling in Maya

Hi all,
I'm making a model of an apartment based on blueprints and i'd like to do it to scale but i can't really wrap my head around how it works in maya with the grid units and actual real world meters. Basically i want the whole thing to be 13x9 meters so with the settings to meters do the individual grid squares represent 1 meter or 5 meters, tried looking online but ended up more confuseduser added image
Can someone enlighten a noob?

Cheers Brian

# 2 22-10-2010 , 05:38 PM
go on Windows - setting/preferences - preferences

a window should open up, in there go in the setting menu and then in the working unit section where it says linear choose meter........hope this helps

# 3 22-10-2010 , 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
That depends on what your grid looks like, I don't know if you fiddled with grid settings or not, but by default the grid divisions represent 1 unit of measurement. Check the Display section of the Display>Grid options and set "Perspective grid numbers" to "On Axes" just to be sure and maybe even set the grid size and subdivide it the units into something more suitable.

- Genny
# 4 22-10-2010 , 06:20 PM
EduSciVis-er
You can use the create > measuring tools > distance tool to check the actual distance of your objects, or use Ctrl+t to create a bounding box manipulator that will show the actual size (in whatever units you've set).