Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 18-02-2005 , 10:30 PM

Originally posted by wchamlet
Their prices are really no different from any other College or University in the US. This is just more clear for people to figure out how much money people are making on people's education.

Although I too think it's outrageous that they are charging that much, I am seriously considering taking this course once I get a job in the industry. Imagine what something like this would cost in a different school setting. Acadamy of Arts is almost $70,000, Ringling is over $100,000, and Art Center is over $120,000. Even schools like Vancouver Film School, $26,000, and ******, $36,000 are more expensive. $13,000 doesn't seem all that bad in comparison to other schools that teach similar things.

I wouldn't want to be an early adopter of their school though. It's probably going be rough for the first year or two. I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this. As of now I'm focusing on modeling anyway, so I don't really need to learn animation yet. But sometime in the future I will want to learn it, and I definitely don't want to go to a more expensive school to do so.

Surly if you were good enough to get a job in the industry you woundn't need to go on a training course?

The costs for university in the US seems way to expensive. Ringling @ $100,000!!! user added image Thats like £50,000+. Here it's under £4k for 3 years. Most students wouldn't even go past the £10-20k mark in total uni expenses.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 17 19-02-2005 , 12:26 AM
I'm only looking for a job as a modeler. I don't know a thing about animation, so to me that would be a good expense. But not before I get a job as a modeler first. If I can't get a job as a modeler, then I definitely won't be going to any school for 3D! LOL

# 18 19-02-2005 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
wchamlet,
Checked out your models. Extremely nice work. As long as you can do that kind of quality fairly quickly, then you're certainly employable.

I'm looking at the Academy of Arts College in San Francisco right now. The have certification online and I know they're accredited. It's $525 usd per credit hour and each class is 3 credits. I'm just waiting to see if the take VA benefits.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 19 19-02-2005 , 08:45 PM
Animation Mentor does indeed look cool, but they’ll only teach the 7 (or maybe 12) techniques of animation, which is exactly what you’ll learn from university or even through video tutorials.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....