Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-07-2006 , 04:20 PM
Subscriber

Rendering particles

hello
I have made a particle system which works fine in maya but
when I render the scene nothing is visible
I even changed the Software Render to hardware render but still same problem. the only time that I can see them in render is when I set the particles to Blubby Surfaces... the rest of them won't appear in the render regardless of hardware or software render
would anyone please help me?

thanks

rsh
# 2 20-07-2006 , 10:20 PM
that's odd....

You do know that most of the particles types (like point and streak) only render in hardware mode, right? I bring this up because nothing renders for me in hardware mode (I have an ATI card that isn't on the HCL for maya). So most of my particles effectively don't render. The ones that are software based render just fine, though. Could that be at least part of the problem?

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 3 21-07-2006 , 07:04 AM
Might sound a bit mad, but import it into a new scene and see if it renders from there.

# 4 21-07-2006 , 07:18 AM
Subscriber

Rendering particles

hello
thanks for the reply but I did not get what you said at all
would you please explain in more details...
thanks

rsh
# 5 22-07-2006 , 04:57 AM
well, just make sure that you're in the proper mode for rendering the particles, and check if your board is on maya's hardware compatability list. That'd be the first thing I'd check. After that, I'm afraid I have no idea....

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com