Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-10-2006 , 06:24 AM

Animating Texture Maps

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a way to animate texture maps for basic lip sync. i can use blendshapes but want to do it this way for this particular project. i am sure i saw it done a few years back, but once i load a file onto a shader, i dont have the option to set a key. the maps will be a tif file, and i want to animate between different tifs.
any help is much appreciated.

# 2 05-10-2006 , 09:30 AM
Open u Hypershade select attributes and as soon in iamgei want Animate snow color of it so i will right click on the name of attributes which i want to Animate for eg i want Animate snow color click on named as i have highlight it u now set key and other. You use same thing attributes too but for some attributes set key is not able u have use set driven key
Images
[img=https://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8148/1it8.th.jpg]
user added image
user added image

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 3 05-10-2006 , 06:59 PM
hi,
i'm afraid i have tried that already, and it doesnt give you the option. 'set key' is disabled, and it offers you the option of 'set driven key' but this will allow you to move certain attributes (R.G.B,translucence, diffuse etc) but not a loaded image file. I want to animate the loaded tif file
ie frame 1-10 with image01.tif
and then frame 11-20 with image01.tif.
i cant seem to get it to do this, but am sure that it must be able to be done.
i worked on a project some years back, where a simplistic character had a mouth which was a texture file (image) which was animated to create the lip sync. this is similar to what i am trying to achieve.
hope you can help.

# 4 05-10-2006 , 08:13 PM
Then use this way
user added image
user added image

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 5 05-10-2006 , 09:33 PM
hi,
thanks or your additional suggestions. i just had a quick look, and i think i remember using this before. i assume this will load an image sequence, where you select the first one and it will load the consecutive named images afterwards. i vagually remember making a tv set in maya with a film sequence running onto to plane (the screen).
but, can this do what i need?
can i tell it to load image 4 for 8 frames, image 12 for 2 frames, image 1 for 9 frames etc
i cant see the option of setting a keyframe.

...or havent i looked properly? your help is still much appreciated

# 6 05-10-2006 , 09:44 PM
well using the same technique, can't you take your images into premiere or after effects, import the sound you're trying to sync up, and make your image sequence there, then just drop it into maya (premade)?

Accept no substitutions.
# 7 05-10-2006 , 11:16 PM
hi,
yes, this is a very good suggestion and would work.
i would still ideally like to find a way of doing it in maya, as it would be better to lip sync with action, but you have given me a good back up plan. thank you (both).
it is not just the mouth i am animating in this way, so doing it seperately in premiere would involve a little guesswork to coincide with other movements.
are there any other suggestions?