Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 196 18-09-2007 , 08:53 PM
Subscriber
Nice work so far but you could make it better by putting some weighting into the characters walk. He walks as if he is being helped along by a helping hand kinda thing. He also looks a tad stiff as a result of this.

Put some more emphasis on him using his crutch rather than just as though he was a blind man using it as a guide stick.

Perhaps a little more animation in the toes.

Watching it again and again it definitely seems like his hips are too stiff.

Keep honing it kid user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 197 18-09-2007 , 10:50 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@shmey2; "I hope to someday have your 3D skills!"
Thanks, but i should aim a little higher than my skill if i were you :p

@gster123;
No i made sure the framerates were the same so it's probably just me:p
And i made the blendshapes before i binded the skin

@gazzamataz
"Keep honing it kid "
Don't worry i will:p

# 198 23-12-2010 , 08:28 PM
Decided to take a break with dr Jones( I started dreaming about it which is not a good thing LOL)

It has been a long time that I have taken a look at this one and when I opened the last saved file I was shocked at how ugly the topology and model was and decided to revise ( read: redo) the model.

I just started out blocking out the model in ZBrush and was happy to discover that my sculpting/modeling skills have improved considerably in the past 3 years ( luckily)
I have done the uv's in Zbrush using the UV master plugin, the result isn't as good compared to when done by hand but it changed from a dayjob into mere minutes and gave acceptable results..... yes I really hate doing uv's ( to the point that it slows down my entire proces because I keep putting off doing them ...)

It's startling that I have achieved a better result in mere hours in comparison to months in the past....I am not complaining user added image

C&C is most welcome off course

Attached Thumbnails
# 199 24-12-2010 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
Wow I like the remake of this model. Looking pretty good. Glad to see this project back up and running.

# 200 24-12-2010 , 10:41 PM
Hey Camel

Thanks
Have bin fiddling with his clothes

Attached Thumbnails
# 201 25-12-2010 , 12:04 AM
# 202 25-12-2010 , 12:15 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Fantastic Progression Mastone!!

Keep it up mate. Its good to watch someone evolve as an artist -well done.

Jay

# 203 25-12-2010 , 12:57 AM
Hey Jay

How have you been?
And thanks for the compliment, I am, for the first time, a bit sour about it being christmas tomorrow 'cause I really wanted to finis this one up this weekend..... ah well maybe I can pull an Ebenzer on the 2nd Christmas day( yes we dutch have 2 christmas days, probably because of the rising divorce rate since the 50's LOL ) user added image

# 204 25-12-2010 , 10:37 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Nice. It would be cool to see him posed with a lightsaber!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 205 27-12-2010 , 01:33 AM
Hi Mayaniac
If you take a look at page 9, then somewhere in the middle of that page you will find your needs satisfied " saberwise" user added image

I just started blocking out the cloth texture of the garment, it took me forever since spotlight kept crashing on me, in the end I loaded a couple of tetures in as alpha's en used the dragrect brush to get in the details, which in the end worked out just fine especially since I finally saw what I was doing ( with spotlight you don't actually see what you are painting ).
The stupid border around his neck cost me around 30 minutes but it was well worth it since it adds a certain realism to the cloth...and to the character.

It's still in blocking out stage, but I like it already, I will keep the detail of the clothgarment somewhat finer, since I will be planning to make the clothpattern of the robe/cape a bit coarser adding a little contrast between the two.

Anywho...hope you like ituser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 206 27-12-2010 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber
That's a great looking model mastone hoping I'll become good enough to make something like that in the future. Lots of nice detail going on.

# 207 27-12-2010 , 04:28 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks, but aim a little higher then my skillset user added image, just keep on practising and you"ll get there.

Well another day another post user added image:
- did some basic blocking in of the texture, of the overcoat/cape
-Have refined the head some more, he loks a bit like a sith yoda because of the eye coloration , but don't worry once back in Maya I will set up proper eyes these are just placeholders

Attached Thumbnails
# 208 27-12-2010 , 09:59 PM
# 209 27-12-2010 , 10:12 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
wow love the textures one question though will you be rendering in maya and if so how will you bring in the textures displacement or normal maps

# 210 27-12-2010 , 10:35 PM
Hi Murambi

Thanks,

yes will render in Maya with renderman and use displacement and bump map as well as color and specular maps