View Poll Results: What kind of projects/scenes do you like the best?
Dark scenes (scary, violence, disturbing, etc) 4 30.77%
Bright scenes (happy, cheerful, positive, etc) 6 46.15%
Middle of the road 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-06-2007 , 07:28 PM

What do you like best? (D/B/M)

Throughout the pages of this site, we find many different types of projects. Some of them are on the darker side of things such as deamons, creatures, haunted, disturbing, blood & guts, etc. Some are on the opposite end (bright side) such as happy, cheerful, funny, positive, etc. And of course some are in the middle which can be either a mixture of both or something that has neither in it.

So, I'm curious. What projects or scenes do you like the best in general? I know this depends on each persons perspective so just vote the best you can. And I'm sure some of you don't really have a preference, but if you had to choose, what would it be?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 01-06-2007 at 07:33 PM.
# 2 01-06-2007 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
I like scenes that have some kind of emotion or feeling to them. Some of the darker ones are cool because they have alot of emotion or a message to them. Blood and guts just for the hell of it isn't that good in my opinion. Happy ones or funny ones are good to.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 01-06-2007 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
yeah, pretty much anything that has an appealing sort of message or story to it with solid craftsmanship is usually cool by me. I don't have much preference between dark and light.

# 4 02-06-2007 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber
I'm with Some Guy. Tension, emotion. Balance (not middle of the road.) The contrasts, contradictions. I don't think it's as easy as good or evil. Right or wrong. Some of the best art can be provocative and uncomfortable.

Mythology, mysticism, mystic creatures and what we are afraid of, has always fashinated mankind.

John Howe is one of my favourite contemporary illustrators, largely responsible for the look of LOTR. Quiet family man, polite, well mannered, somewhat shy person with an interesting darker side that only appears in his work. Does that makes sense?
It's very dynamic and rich in my humble oppinion. He also create light works that holds a lot of beauty as well.

J.S Sargent is one of my favourite light side painters and so forth. It doesn't have to be so black and white. There's a whole spectrum of shades of grey inbetween. Then there's Pyle, N.C Wyeth, Carl Larsson, John Bauer, Anders Zorn and so forth.

I have an extremely soft spot for architecture, form and spacing as well. Not sure that qualifies as dark or light.

Good work is good work I think user added image

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 02-06-2007 at 03:50 AM.
# 5 02-06-2007 , 05:23 AM
Hmm... I perfer dark scenes since there is something strangely appealing to them, especially those that have something to do with mythology or ancient civilisations but usually anything that has a lot of depth in it is cool.

Some Guy > 'Blood and guts just for the hell of it isn't that good in my opinion'

I agree. It just makes everything look cheapish.

# 6 03-06-2007 , 12:55 AM
Subscriber
cheerful scenes user added image