Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-10-2005 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber

my Biplane

Hi.

This is my biplane i'm working on.
Just noticed that i need a higher resolution to my texture, but that's about all i can see.
So i just wondered what you guys think so far and what you think i can do better?

thx

https://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload5/smBeta.jpg

user added image

Last edited by kablink; 31-10-2005 at 06:23 PM.
# 2 31-10-2005 , 07:21 PM
i think its a great choice of subject.
but then you must get all the details right. i'm no expert on planes, but i think your fuselage ought to have a bit more curvy shape...
or maybe you are going for the cartoony look...

Last edited by utpal; 31-10-2005 at 07:27 PM.
# 3 01-11-2005 , 06:47 AM
Subscriber
Utpal is right about the goemetry, and also it needs some dirtying up. If you have the winds and body all mapped out, it should be easy enough to add some parts where the paint has warn away, and faded. Things like that will make it a realistic render.
Also looks like your rendering in software render. Try mental ray, it soo much better, specialy if your after realism.
In saying all this, if its the cartoon style your going for, it pretty good user added image

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 4 01-11-2005 , 02:33 PM
Subscriber
i'm actually going for the cartoony look, mainly because i drew it myself and i'm not that good of a painteruser added image.
But i will try to make it a little more "old" and used.

thxuser added image

# 5 07-11-2005 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
cool design, if your going for the cartoony look then how about vector rendering it with maybe 2 or 3 shades of colour, or if youve got maya 7 you should stick the toon shader on it, ive experimented with it and it yelds some interesting results!

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)
# 6 07-11-2005 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
cool.

But where can i get this shader? Or is it a part of maya??
I'm running 6.5 umlimited.