Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-02-2007 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber

widescreen head robot

hey guys, well ived had a hard week at school and decided to create something new in maya which i would have fun doing, even though i should be studying instead of the computer...

well since i loved marks robots (masteryoda) ived decided to create my own little fun own. this model is fully rigged up and i want to start animating, though i have no skill in that but i will try anyway...

does anyone have any free animation tutorial links or tips they would like to share with me? thanks, sorry that you had to read all of this stuff but have fun. c&c most welcome user added image

cheers, marlon

user added image

# 2 04-02-2007 , 08:03 PM
If its all rigged with nice cortrol objects to make the animation easier then I would suggest that you think of what you want him to do then film yourself or a friend doing the actions, watch the video back noting down the timings of the different things (eg 1.13 - 1.15 turns head to look a glass, 1.16 - 1.18 reaches out with arm to pick it up etc etc) and animate it using this as reference that way your timings shoud be true to life. then with the basics down you can add your own "sparkle" to it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 05-02-2007 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the tip, ill try get someone to help with out with that so that i could use it for a reference and that user added image

# 4 05-02-2007 , 06:48 AM
Subscriber
heres another two quick renders of the back and xray,

user added image

user added image

# 5 05-02-2007 , 01:26 PM
You might be best off adding some control objects to him to make it easier to animate with i.e you select the corntrol curve to move say the arm rarther than the IK handles

# 6 06-02-2007 , 07:04 PM
Acid44

woah!!!!

that is one of the most original things i have seen in my life man,... and its rigged!!!

cool modeluser added image

# 7 08-02-2007 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber
yeah i been meaning to put some controls on him but havnt had the time since of soo much homework from school... does anyone know where i would download some really cool controls? i lost mine when i formatted a couple weeks back ... (i know you could make your own by curves but i really cant be bothered at the moment ... hehe :p)

haha thanks acid user added image

# 8 08-02-2007 , 04:51 AM
haha! Controls are soo simple (I use webdings text to get some arrows etc)

# 9 08-02-2007 , 08:32 AM
Subscriber
haha great and smart idea steve... cool symbols and pretty useful ey... gonna use that for now on now, thanks again man user added image