Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-03-2008 , 10:18 PM

some of my work

Here are a few of my models. Some for school, some for fun. The underwater scene is the early stage of my current school project (crits please), the hand is a prop for my last school project - "Frankensteins Lab", the other two are for fun - the demon was my first attempt at a face, and the last is a rig I'm working on very slowly, having lots of problems with the feet and armor.

If anyone wants wirs or other veiws I'll upload them.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-03-2008 , 10:19 PM
guess I don't know how to upload more than 1 image in a post.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 24-03-2008 , 10:20 PM
frank's hand

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 24-03-2008 , 10:26 PM
... and the demon (If I posted these in a stupid way for this forum, call me a noob and flame me to no end, thanks for looking)

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 25-03-2008 , 04:56 AM
i quite like it (its impossible to have them all in one post, BTW)
only one thing, maybe you should post the franks hand as a wire-frame too, because i cant see it well. I love the demon though, very unique!
thanks,
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 6 25-03-2008 , 07:53 AM
Subscriber
I like them... but there is a way to post them all in one post if you have an imageshack account or a website where you can host your images, then just link to them. But this works fine.
Keep up the good work.

# 7 25-03-2008 , 01:51 PM
yeah - some nice work here - i particularly like franks hand - i think it could do with some better lighting though, as it's looking a bit dark at the moment.

# 8 25-03-2008 , 02:35 PM
here's the wire for the hand. I wasn't really concerned with polycount when I made it.

Lighting is my biggest problem at this point in time.

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 26-03-2008 , 04:34 PM
Here's an update of the ocean scene. I ran into a small problem. I'm rendereing with maya software, and I have environmental fog and spotlights with fog on them. At a certain point where the spotlights cross in front of the paint effects (seaweed), it make the paint effects disappear. I think is a fog or a light problem, but I have no idea why it is happening (only started after I added the second spotlight fog). Any help would be apreciated. Any crits on the changes are welcome as well. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails