Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-11-2008 , 05:52 AM
Subscriber

avoidance behaviour

Hi, I have a Rigid Body cylinder pottering around a scene driven by some simple expressions on the impulse. What I would like to do is avoid / go round other objects in the scene rather than just collide with them.

I'm guessing I would have to collect the worldspace of the object its coming close to or something like that?

Any ideas on this one would be very useful.

Cheers,

Chris

# 2 11-11-2008 , 02:37 AM
Subscriber
Ok so far the I have 2 objects, one a passive RB, one a active RB that has an expression on its impulse to make it move in the Z direction.

Below is an expression that makes there colour change when getting with in a certain proximity of each other...

//get objects translates
vector $obj1=`getAttr obj1.translate`;
vector $obj2=`getAttr obj2.translate`;

//subtract one from other
float $mag = mag($obj2-$obj1);

//change colour when within certain proximity
if ($mag <= 10)
setAttr lambert1.color 1 .5 .5;
else
setAttr lambert1.color .5 .5 1;

This is showing it recognises the proximity, now how would I go about making the active RB go round the passive RB?

Thanks

Chris

# 3 11-11-2008 , 04:28 AM
Could you not assign a radial fields magnitide to the closeness factor, so that when the object goes close to the other object a field (thats parented to the other object) then increases its magnitide based off the distance to "push" it away

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 11-11-2008 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber
I like the idea, am currently workin on a way to do it without fields but will certainly give that a go.

Cheers as always,

Chris