Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-10-2006 , 10:26 AM

Full Body IK (FBIK)

Hi just wanted some help with this. The rigging seems to be the easy part but I need some help with animating my rig. So any help with this? be it a tutorial or just some crucial tips. I just don't get how to key the motion properly so that all extremities stay where desired etc etc. Thanx in advanceuser added image

# 2 25-10-2006 , 11:22 AM
Ok so in order to get the full body IK effect do I need to key all FBIK effectors in the one frame? And to just move one selected body part without the rest moving do I just hit 'key selected'? Or is there some other way of doing this for a more organic looking animation. I would like to move one arm whith body following without keying all the rest of the effectors for example.

# 3 25-10-2006 , 03:43 PM
Subscriber
your best bet if not already is to create some controls using curves. That way you can manipulate the body in an easier way.

Have you got controls? Otherwise you dont want to be moving every joint etc. V. Tedious

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 4 26-10-2006 , 07:47 AM
Yeah there are controls created automatically when the skeleton is converted into full body IK. Moving and posing is great and easy, the trick is how on earth do you animate it succesfully? Keyframing via 'S' doesnt work with FBIK. It needs either Ctl F or those other controls I need some help with. So any ideas on how to properly animate and which keys to press when keyframing etc?

# 5 26-10-2006 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber
could u not make a new hot key for it
also look on digital tutors they have some videos on it but im not dure how indepth they go (free)

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973