Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-10-2007 , 02:13 AM

Light Hard Edges

I was rendering this image, trying to get the light right(haha) for a while and finally got the settings right, but then I noticed that the edges on the light made it look very unrealistic. Anyone know how to fix this?

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 14-10-2007 , 02:16 AM
Here are my settings. I also noticed that when I used a linear decay, the light would dissapear.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 3 14-10-2007 , 06:50 AM
when you use linear decay, yes the light will dissapear. Just crank up the intensity. I mean really crank it up!

Hit the number "7" on your keyboard and then keep increasing the light intensity until your view is looking pretty bright. Then do a test render. That should give you a good starting point to start making more precise adjustments.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 19-10-2007 , 03:48 PM