Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-06-2009 , 06:53 PM
Subscriber

End of Lamborghini Project

Good afternoon!! I have finished a project and wanted to share it. I had started this as a WIP for modeling the car last October to late December, when I started to texture it. Was getting burned out on it before the competition that started in April. After that I got back too this and finished it. The scene came when a friend sent me the Hippie sign picture. Seen quite a few of them when younger. Anyway, Here is a picture of it, and I will post a link to a larger less compressed version of it. It was the first interior I have done on a car. So will remember this one!! I hope you like it!

Have a good weekend!!

Link:
https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...131027X768.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 2 13-06-2009 , 08:08 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looking really good!

Are you serious?.... They had signs like that?

"Hippies use backdoor"

It's nice that you can see the interior through the glass very well.... looks good.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 13-06-2009 , 08:24 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Looks nice, but the eyes are drawn to the background more than the car. Perhaps back light it and then fill it to pick out the car

Jay

# 4 13-06-2009 , 08:50 PM
Subscriber
Mayaniac, yes they surely had signs like that. A lot of towns they would take you in the woods and shave your head. I am so glad that you like it!! Thank you!!

Jay, I am kind of naive when it comes to that. I am sorry to ask, but you are meaning the the front of the stage is too well illuminated and that the light should come from the back of the car? I do see what you mean about the eye being drawn away from the car, and will work on that. And I certainly appreciate that you looked at it and mentioned what you thought. Thanks!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 5 13-06-2009 , 09:17 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Tom

cool mate no probs, I'm glad you know what I mean. have a play with the lights and see what you can come up with, also have a look around you during the day and take some images of how light plays and then try and replicate that into your scene.

Jay

# 6 13-06-2009 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
I really appreciate the time Jay, thanks!! I am just using 2 dome lights now. I have tried using some Photometric lights, and have to say liked them and how well they work with materials, but don't think that is what you meant. I have a camera and can take some pictures of daytime lighting. I am glad you gave me the suggestions, as once this was finished I didn't have anything to do. So, back too it I guess!! ;-)

# 7 14-06-2009 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
Getting there - I like where you are going, but is it me or are those trash bin only coming up too your knees - Some of the objects in the back ground look out of scale.

Very nice car model though

# 8 14-06-2009 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber
Tweety, thank you for your comments and thoughts on the scaling of things in my project. And other than adjusting the lighting it is a completed project, and is not going anywhere after this. You may be right, and will check on it. But think things should be in pretty good scale, as it appears from what I see, and the angle that the camera is at, the cans would be up to your mid thigh, and that seems about right. At least it is my thoughts. I do appreciate your time and thoughts on my project. Again, Thanks and hope that your weekend was good!!!!

# 9 15-06-2009 , 12:00 AM
Subscriber
I was compairing them to the doors - which are usally good indercations of how high a person would be - also they are just alittle bigger than the stairs which only has two steps.

# 10 15-06-2009 , 12:12 AM
Subscriber
Again Tweety I appreciate that very much. Suppose I should have done this as a WIP sooner, as I fell it is pretty good in proportions as it is. But as you know sometimes you look at a project for so long and see what you want to see after a time. Sorry that it appears so out of scale to you, and could very well be. I will try and post my work earlier from now on and then be guided more before the project is finished. It was a very fun project and have enjoyed it so.

Thanks for your time and comments!!

# 11 15-06-2009 , 10:00 PM
Really liking the car Tom, and the rest of the scene, I like the brick work on the wall, you have put some nice colours on the bodywork and the interior especially looks really well modeled,
I look forward to seeing the next project you do!

# 12 15-06-2009 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
Thank you Dango! You have always been very kind about my work, and I do appreciate it very much. It was alot of fun, and taught me a lot of things about texturing. Hope you have a nice evening, and congratulations on doing so well in the competition. Knew you would!!! ;-)

# 13 06-07-2009 , 11:09 PM
Acid44
turned out amazing man, good to see you followed through with it which most people cant seem to do with a car project (including myself)

only crit is to me (may be my super bright monitor) the wheels seem to "glow" (for lack of a better word)

any chance of finished interior shots? like from the drivers point of view, ect.?

# 14 07-07-2009 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
Acid, thanks for your kind remarks. Funny you should mention the wheels!! I have struggled with the material for them since way early in the project. I believe I had post in my work in progress a render of the wheels and it was VERY BAD!! The material on these are better, but really have a problem with making it look right. Maybe I should have followed you direction and made them PURPLE, I am sure that would have been much easier!!! :-)

Thanks once again Acid!!

# 15 07-07-2009 , 01:51 AM
Subscriber
You asked about an interior shot. Well, maybe I will work on that for you. Have not done much in awhile, and struggling for something that peaks my interest. I will work on it and maybe soon and update.