Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-04-2003 , 02:17 AM

this post is just taking up space

i dont know if anyone here knows or cares, but in the movie signs, there is one sceen that has a "airplane" in the backround, only barly, the directer (same directer as 6th sence, and unbrakeable) wanted to get rid of it and almost payed someone 20,000 to get rid of it. now it may be just me, but i think that using photo shop i could do the same in about 2 hours time for probably close too 20, the point of this? HOLYWOOD PAYS WAY TO MUCH! Just look aroudn this website and you will find things that would cost holywood at least 1 Mil, i'd say more. it's ****ing rediculas, the talent that flows from this small/big web site. so in reality this is a mesage to every person who has contributed to this web site. you are all extreemly talented, and i dont know why holywood hasnt already found you all, unless they have, and in that case, congradulations. it's rediculas what a few people can do on there home computer. i'm telling you, you should all just get together and make a movie. you would end up making probably the best movie out there with such a small buget. because i dont think any of you wants to pay the other person a milion to do something that you could do. rather you all get together, make a movie, and make milion x 10 + 100 x 30 to get a masive amount of money. or just keep making models and let me look at them and enjoy them eather way works user added image good night to you all.
P.S. I cant spell.

# 2 25-04-2003 , 02:23 AM
At first I thought, what the hell?! Then, I kept on reading, and I´d say it´s a good post all in all.
I´ll see if M can move it to the Members Lounge, that´s the place for it.

# 3 25-04-2003 , 02:28 AM
Subscriber
Hahah, loved the ps user added image. Hey man, welcome to SM. Thanks for that, and i would just have to say that you are probably right.. just lots of people here at SM are great artists, just theres a cutting edge that makes the difference. I personally agree with you that a few if not a handful of people here at SM are large budget movie quality. A lot of those people that are great already have jobs. I dont know what your talking about when it comes to millions though.. (if im wrong guys let me know).. but im pretty sure unless you are exceptionally good you get a battle of prices going on, lower and lower for the job. I am going to move this thread to the Maya Chat section ok? Just its kinda in a weird place user added image. Cya around

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 25-04-2003 , 02:28 AM
Subscriber
alright adl, members lounge user added image.. you got me by seconds on that one!

# 5 25-04-2003 , 02:35 AM
Hehe, M .. Thanks.
Welcome to SimplyMaya Iamatool

# 6 25-04-2003 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
lol I was thinking here we go sum pointless prat has decided to have a rant but in actual fact, despite the rambling, he made a very good point about the talent around SM. His idea about making a movie is probably off the mark but it is akin to the suggestion I was making in the other thread about starting up a studio, in that we could do it ourselves sort of thing...I am seriously thinking about the possibility of it...

And welcome to SM Iamatool...way to introduce urself u nutter lol

Im sure one day even u could be making those millions u referred to!

# 7 25-04-2003 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
I missed this alexgc.. i know I would not be on the team as the skills are not there yet and will take a lot longer.. BUT.. I personally think thats a great idea. The thing is once things settle down (if they ever do) and Some of the simply sites are established and running smoothly.. then yea, probably that would work user added image. I would love to see a short animation made by SM studio... or even a whole video with time to come. Maybe start up a thread, see who would be interested user added image.

# 8 25-04-2003 , 02:02 PM
Subscriber
well strictly speaking I wasnt referring to a SM specific studio but yeah I guess that'd work. Its basically a way into the industry. I mean it would be alot of hard work, especially financially, but its possible. And like Ive said before, the talent is around to accomplish it. Personally I think its a golden opportunity. But there is a long way to go before it can be achieved.

Here's the link to the thread I was referring to M

# 9 25-04-2003 , 02:20 PM
Kevin
well guys, myself and kurt / mike and izzy have already spoke about this ... I have daily chats to kurt about the makings of a sm type studio..

as you can see I had this idea a long time ago and am now getting around to it:

https://www.forum.simplymaya.com/show...?threadid=5374

So we are already trying to break into the modeling for games and other visuals so we will see how it grows from here.

We also have the magazine idea...I now at least have an idea of the costs and work involved and although it is a lot - with a good enough team these things can be achieved.

I am always trying to "make things happen" and to start new ventures. Not long ago SimplyMaya was just a small throught in my head while having a pint with Dave!

Now look at it!!

And now this has opened up a whole new avenue to explore - I guess its a fairly exciting time for myself, dave and a few who know - as well as the people on the receiving ends of all our ideas and work.

As for the above posts... 3d is like any business.... you can have all the drive and all the skill in the world, but unless you get a lucky break Im afriad its all a case of "who you know"

I attended GIT in holywood California (guitar school) for 2 years and believe me, I see people there who would blow most the people you see these day off the stage - but most will NEVER make it...

sad but true, as where the guy who is mediocre at best but whos dad knows bob down the road will become a frekin pop star!!

any way- I went of course a bit here but never the less... good to see you all here and "long live the queen" user added image

# 10 25-04-2003 , 02:42 PM
Subscriber
Yep, worlds a lot about luck, definately in certain fields.

# 11 25-04-2003 , 04:57 PM
I really cannot wait to see how this pans out for ya Kev!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 12 25-04-2003 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
Im not suprised uve been thinking about it Kev as I would have thought it could be a logical progression on from these websites of urs. As for the need to know ppl, ur absolutely right and I think its sites like SM and Cgtalk and what have u, that go someway to allowing this to happen.

Anyway the reason why I have been thinking about it is basically because my brother is a director and he suggested that I possibly go out to South Africa to discuss a position within his fledgling company, CG related. So that got me thinking about starting up a studio.

We can have a chat about it over a drink sometime (lol makes me feel important).

Anyway to get to the real subject matter...Kevin u attended a school called GIT?!! lol

# 13 25-04-2003 , 05:12 PM
Kevin
mate - in london tomorrow ... opps sorry I forgot , you wimped out again!

anyways mate, anytime YOU are ready to get your lazy ass out after I put myself out 2x then Ill put MYSELF out to meet you user added image

# 14 25-04-2003 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
lol u cheeky...git

next weekend onwards anytime and I'll be ready and u better get used to lying under the table...

# 15 26-04-2003 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
Finally found this thread. Was looking for it. Imatool is actually the director of my the movie (in the WIP forum). Well not MY movie, but the one i'm working on. I just showed him this thread so he will post soon. Glad you guys like him, he's really cool. And a greatly inovative director. This movie is gonna be so funny!!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2