Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-01-2010 , 11:37 AM

Complete n00b - how to achieve this?

To cut a long story short i'm trying to learn the basics of After Effects... i've found a great tutorial, but to start off the project you need to first create something in Maya which i've never used before (But discovered i can get an educational license to play around with)

I'm looking to replicate https://youtu.be/c3T3wcElwVk so i can continue on to the next step. Can anyone give me any pointers, or link me to any helpful articles?

# 2 04-01-2010 , 02:47 PM
Subscriber
Well for the look of things, I think the entire project can be done in After Effects itself. You can use Maya to create the lettering, and animate them.
What version of After Effects are you using?

# 3 04-01-2010 , 03:09 PM
Hi RockyMills_01, i have After Effects CS3 at home - but will be back at university with access to CS4 in a week or so if that is of any benefit.