Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-05-2004 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber

WIP_badnews :P

I followed the CPStut of Carsten Lind !
This headmodel need special thanks to him for supporting my project! user added image
Also rotbol helped me alot during the project so thanks to him too!!

I was thinkin' to make a highres piratehead! With all the pirate stuff on it... This is just a clean medium res head! My first achievement will be to make it a high detailed model...

Please feel free to comment so I can try to change it here and there...

I don't know If I have time to make it a textured model because I'm just a noob at this and I need to learn it first...but If I have time left I will give it a try....

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ransick; 22-05-2004 at 05:55 PM.
# 2 02-05-2004 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber
wish I was as much a noob as you were!!! really nice modelling, nice mean expression as well!!

cheers

Rich
# 3 03-05-2004 , 09:03 AM
Subscriber
thanks man! Today I will post a progress...
cheers

# 4 03-05-2004 , 03:40 PM
Very nice modeling user added image

# 5 03-05-2004 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
this is another character I want to add to the scene....
The canon will also will be part of it...
I have know pretty much figuredout how I want the scene to be...
These 3 elements will be the main of the scene...
I hope next week I can show what my idea is...

Attached Images
# 6 03-05-2004 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
basic canon...I will add some detail to the canon next week..

Attached Images
# 7 03-05-2004 , 08:20 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Ransick

Cool, nicely styled heads, they have disney- esque kind of look about them. Good stuff!!! Carry on

Jango

# 8 03-05-2004 , 09:19 PM
Subscriber
hey thanks Jango!
It gives me alot of convert, knowing that it's good stuff user added image

# 9 03-05-2004 , 09:51 PM
jea man nice modeling for now!!!! I remember wanted too buy dragon tutorial to learn more abouth modeling!!! Did you bouth it??? Greate improve of skilss for short time man!!! Keep it up M8

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 10 03-05-2004 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber

# 11 04-05-2004 , 03:33 PM
Ofcours you are learning m8, you just have made nice progres for short time and that`s for compliments!! Keep on fighting and ofcours: "ARRRRRRRRRRR m8" user added image

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 12 22-05-2004 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!!

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!!

GOOD NEWS! ...there is some nice weather in holland so Im fotografing alot at the moment...as some of you know that Im a student fotographer.... Im busy with some school projects so that's a good thing!!

BAD NEWS! ...since Im busy with school and all...I find a little time to work on the computer and espesially with maya! With my normal job and bad weather I found a lot of free time to tryout maya but now I have to do it with a little time I have left over...
It's not that Im quitting with maya but I have to sign out the contest because I still need to learn to much before I can finish the scene the way I want.... Im a perfectionist so I want it to be real DAMN good!
I will post a image of a peace of the scene I wanted to make and I will still continue with this scene becuase Im having a lot of fun doing thisone!

I trying to make a body for a man but first I started with a women becuase there a tut for thatone....so I can practice first....
YOU'LL WILL SEE THIS TO BE CONTINUED!!
It just will take some time user added image
Thanks for all the responds and will see youall soon on the wip for the body !

goodluck to my fellow contestmembers!! cya

Attached Images

# 13 22-05-2004 , 07:04 PM
Hehehe you give life tone off dead topics, i didnt know that you and i are colegs, i am photographer too, with witch camera ay\re you working?? I have this nice Nikon 801 vith 35-70 lens and its working realy niec!! I was taking pictures with this sigmas macro lens other day and thats just something that i realy like, macro pics are greate!!

# 14 22-05-2004 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
eeeeej colleague!!
what a coincidence! you know.... we understand eachother! user added image

well...right now I have a lowbudget nikon f55 with a 28-80 and 75-300 ...
I work in a photostore and I played around with a canon with a macro lens and you can do real cool stuff with it! It's a totally different world looking trough such a closeup lens! I didn't made any pics with it yet but do you have some samples ? I'll pm you my email incase you have some...
as Im a student I just started really photograph with an real camera so I don't have a good portofolio right now but Im working on it...

to tell you the truth....
last year I was able to choose between 3dschool or photographschool.... I choose photgrapicschool over the 3dschool because I didn't knew much (back than) about 3d in general... Looking back I know I did the right thing! I just love to make photo's and I really think you need to practice for it in real live and with the 3d I can make my own school at home at my own time...
It's probably a slow progress but I put my motivation and inpiration from sm and sofar so gooood!
My plan is to just learn as much as I can at home with 3d till I got my photograpicschool done... and than it will be time to traval around the world baby!! user added image
I'll come visit you! user added image
actually.... where are you from ?

Last edited by ransick; 22-05-2004 at 09:06 PM.
# 15 22-05-2004 , 09:35 PM
ahhhhh i hate my connection!!! Hmm you could get ICQ and contact me so we could chat a bit, i think that its not ok for us to chat ower the SimplyMaya user added image, and BTW i am from Serbia - ex Yugoslavia!! Do you still whant to drop by user added image, See ya mate, contact me !!