Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 17-01-2007 , 02:02 PM
Subscriber
Guess that last render was a bit darker than I though. hmm.
Scene file from above:

Attached Files
File Type: zip screwdriver.zip (201.2 KB, 173 views)
# 17 17-01-2007 , 03:13 PM
Senior Software Developer
I saw this tute about 1 yr ago when I started with Maya. Never did it until 2nite. Here is my effort.

Well done all. MR is a tricky beast but once you get it right its fantastic.

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 18 17-01-2007 , 04:32 PM

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Well done all. MR is a tricky beast but once you get it right its fantastic.

agreed, but the tweaking you need to do to get it to look fantastic is intense... So I stray away from it and go with other unbiased renderes that take longer to render but the results are amazingg,

a free one Indigo can be found at www.indigorenderer.com for anywone that wants to try it out
Arneoog, me, and Yourdaftpunk [cgtalk and indigo forums] wrote a plugin for it, find it in my sig.

anyway, good job to all you doing this, I remember when I made it too a long time ago user added image

-Matt

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 19 17-01-2007 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
Very good (to all of you)! I must say, they look very realistic!

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 20 19-01-2007 , 08:23 AM
sorry posted wrong

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
# 21 19-01-2007 , 02:44 PM
Subscriber
cool thanks for the link ZeroAlarm. that would help me quiet abit out in other rendering areas from what ived seen in it now user added image

hey simon, haha yeah the zip file you posted, i just rendered out and was really really dark lol. but ill try again tomorrow when i come back from the city to compaire both of these's rendering settings.

does anyone know whats happening still with that error? i get it every time i render now and my renders look like hell. seriously, the plane image just goes to one color and it does not give it that fuzzy soft feel. whats going on with my MAYA!

error: "Warning: (Mayatomr.Scene) : mentalrayIbl2: light not found for light linking, ignored"

seems like theres no light source. huh user added image

# 22 19-01-2007 , 02:54 PM
The light linking error is as you have not set light linking for the MR node. This is my interpretation of the warning, but its not required to do this to render. I added a 2nd light to this scene and this helped with the illumination.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
# 23 19-01-2007 , 03:42 PM
Subscriber
hey ransid, thanks for the comment about that... i tried adding another light source and that but didnt really like that outlook of that.

i just relised what was casuing it, for some reason my imagebasedlighting was automaticly browsed to the wrong file for some unknown reason user added image but ived done a couple of renders right now and this is the result in what i got, i reckon it is better than all my others soo far... ived also got that soft fuzzy plane render happening abit .. any crits about this one on how i can make it better?

cheers, marlon

user added image