Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-07-2007 , 04:22 AM
Subscriber

Pirate model

Hi guys

this is my first attempt on this pirate challenge i think am half way done need some comments b4 i proceed

cheer

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-07-2007 , 04:37 AM
Hi semeon,
It all looks good to me except for maybe the eyes. Could you post a close up of the face. Also, what kind of pirate look are you going for.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 05-07-2007 , 04:38 AM
OMG ... nice model will you texture it ?user added image user added image

# 4 05-07-2007 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber

pirate_001

thanks gy
eres a close up of the face as per looks am just going for a straigh angry look and i hope to texture as well only if i can manage to create a nice skin texture that will give him the looks am hopin for

c how it goes

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 05-07-2007 , 01:51 PM
Thanks for the close up,
The bridge of the nose between the eyes looks a little too pinched to me. I'm thinking the eyes might either be too small or too deep. Not sure how busy your mesh is but it might be worth while playing around with the eyes a little more. Overall though, I really like you model.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 05-07-2007 , 07:40 PM
Nice start!

I think that you could do with a bit of tweeking as his nose is a bit pinched and his brows seem a bit hard in some areas, a bit of a tweek and it will look great.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 07-07-2007 , 02:16 AM
19 year Veteran
Very nice work semeone! user added image

# 8 31-08-2007 , 11:31 PM
Subscriber

Pirate

Hi Guys , This is my final entry hope am not too late for this. model was created in maya and render with mental ray it has been an expirence doing this and wish you gys good luck may the best entry win

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 31-08-2007 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber

final_entry

this is my final entry gys

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 01-09-2007 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
Hi Semeon, a very nice pirate you've got there. I like it.
It's very cool to have more participants so I would like to welcome you to the challenges. These are run by Mike McKinley and not by me in anyway. I've just been around too long, and to be honest it's my favourite section of the simplymaya.

I thought I'd run you through the process on how to participate in the challenges. It's important to make a thread when you have your idea, say at the start of the challenge. Then post concept/idea and a lot of progress shots as you go a long. It's meant to be a learning experience both for you and for other people watching the threads, and an opportunity to develop skills in a relaxed for fun competition.

At the end of the month Mike creates a thread for final images only and this is where you would post the finished piece.

So to participate in the september/october challenge:
1) Read the rules and theme for the challenge set by Mike
2) Create a progress thread with Your name - Challenge month(s)
3) Post progress screenshots

That's it really. I hope that helps.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 11 01-09-2007 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
it's pretty good, semeon. BUT there are a lot of things you could make a lot better. Post progress shots and we can help you out with that, that's the purpose of these threads and the purpose of these communities.

even with that handicap though, the end quality is fairly good. Good work user added image - but post more next time

# 12 01-09-2007 , 04:57 AM
19 year Veteran
Semeon, Mike might not count your entry as you didn't read the rules before posting. Anyway, nice pirate! I would have liked to have seen the progress.

# 13 01-09-2007 , 05:00 AM
Hope he does. I remember this as a WIP a while back, shame there were no "inbetweens"

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 14 01-09-2007 , 06:11 AM
Subscriber

final entry

thanks gys

well wat can i say... my fault i guess if the entry is not acknowledge that would be a hard lesson for me. (Make sure you read the guidelines)like you said i did post once b4 but no follow ups. fingers cross , and if no joy hpfully next challenge i would remb to read the guidelines

cheer gys

# 15 02-09-2007 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber

progress

hi gster123

if you are int in seeing some of the stages i can provide some screen shots