Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-09-2007 , 12:05 AM

help in making some protuberances

Hi all, this is my first thread in this section, related to my first poly modeling.

I'm sure, as a newbie, to pretend too much...
I confess I use maya since 1 week, I've just studied a couple of tutorials annexed to the self program.

Please, don't warn me that I should start from something easier.... I already know :bandit:
My idea is to crack this modeling on just sometimes, whenever I understand something that thing that I still miss to kill it... and sometimes asking to you.
user added image

I've tried to create the helmet for the figure that I drewn (I know, I'm neither a good drawer...)
My question is:
How can I attach protuberances to the helmet making them follow the path and the rotation of a specific edge?
I can do it manually, but I would like to learn the method and I'd preffer them to be geometrially perfect user added image... I know, I pretend too much :p

I attached the screenshoot of the work just to let you understand better what I mean... cause I know.... my English just doesn't work user added image

Thanks in advance folks!!

cheers

user added image

# 2 25-09-2007 , 01:29 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Experiment with booleans create a sphere place it on the place where you want it and do a boolean.
I would also start modeling the head first because sometimes you have or just want -to adjust the accessories of the model.

# 3 25-09-2007 , 11:00 AM
Done user added image
Unfortunately other problems occurred.... anyway I'll try by myself user added image
Thanks