Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-07-2009 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber

correct color rendering

hello at all!

My question is to render an image, without to change the color infomation from a shader.

I have scenes to render, where the typed in color must match in the final render.

A sample workflow:

a plane with a lambert and with a color of R10 G100 B75 typed in.
try to render.... you do not get that color.
Ok, the diffuse from .8 to 1 .... better but not accurate!
uncheck default light and create a directional light.... ok better but never the accurate color information from renders..

When I have to render a logo animation then the color informations, or the textures!!! have to render exact!! I can´t say, be cool the difference isn´t much! user added image they will kick me out!! user added image)

Also is there a way to render the colors correct!

please not with a surface shader, some times I have to get shader effects...

Thanks at all, and good rendering! user added image

# 2 09-07-2009 , 03:08 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
i would take a look at Fusion you can import a 3d model in it and basically shade in post.

Color is a difficult thing to get right and light on a model changes the final color etc etc

# 3 13-07-2009 , 04:51 PM
No doubt, post is a big part of the process. Factor in other things like linear workflow (gamma correction) if working with MR, lighting, monitor profiles, etc....there are a lot of factors to deal with. My suggestion would be to render things out to give you most control over individual elements (render passes for various elements, then work in post to work it to the original source colors).

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."