Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-01-2006 , 01:30 AM

Escaping blast on water

Another rendition of the racer pod playing a bit with the wake in ocean and a ices explosion in the back hope u enjoy and critique as u like...

ps sorry for the large size

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-01-2006 , 09:27 PM
looks like the picture hasn't been uploaded completely...

# 3 12-01-2006 , 03:46 AM
really how come ok i hope this one does

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 12-01-2006 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber

Model

I really do like the water and the explosions, the only problem with this one is the model itself. I think you should touch mit up a bit because it looks like an N64 ship in WiperOut or something. Sorry, just add a little more detail in 3-D decorations on it, just some C&C.

My password is ********.
# 5 14-01-2006 , 02:19 AM
looks like you used subsurface scattering on the water though

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 6 14-01-2006 , 03:03 PM
the waves and the explosion look a bit strange..also the speeder needs a bit work on textures and model I think.
Furthermore it's obvious that there is a simple plane in the background. Try to use a sphere which is around he whole scene.

# 7 14-01-2006 , 08:55 PM
Lol, joopson, looks like he used an ocean shader for the water lol :p

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 8 14-01-2006 , 10:27 PM
thanks allot for the help, yeah i used an ocean shader for the water and used wake for it
I really appreciate the tip about the background didnt know what to do with it thanks allot

about the model itself i used a cube primitive played with it and smoothed it and for textureing i chose each face seperatley and assigned a matrerial to them thats y its not so good prolly a texture map would look better

I really appereciate the feed back though I'll try to keep it in mind in the next model im working on