Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-08-2006 , 04:13 PM

Texturing Error? Urgent!

I have a project due tomorrow night, and I can't seem to problem solve this issue by myself.

The problem: I create a basic sphere, all standard settings. I go to add a texture onto the sphere that is a file (see Example 1), but when I do that it gets this weird semi-transparant look to it with a bunch of angled grey lines over it (see Example 2), and when I render it it looks like an object with no texture, except in this case it has a glow on it (see Example 3). Please if you can, help me! I have had this happen on several different computers, some files it doesn't seem to happen to. Is there a setting I accidently changed?

Example 1:user added image
Example 2:user added image
Example 3:user added image

P.S. If anyone knows how to get the selection marque to show up again, that would be cool...makes it hard to know what all I am selecting! No idea why that went away....

~ambriel
reporter: www.ianstorm.com
# 2 08-08-2006 , 06:21 PM
very easy and simple. you need apply uv mapping. because the sphere is confeused, he doesn't know how can accept ur texture. you need apply uv mapping as a sphere or cylender or automatic. than you see the texture clearly.also you need changing in hardware texture(just play with it) see if you want texture sharper or softer....good luck

:bow: