Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-12-2006 , 01:27 AM

blend shape with multiple object

Hi,
I need some urgent help with my blend shapes. I have a body with lashes and a jaw with single teeth as seperate object. All different shapes are in sperate groups (sad_mouth, sad_eye, . . .), when I select these groups and make normally my blend shapes, only the body deform, but lashes and jaw remain the same (lashes and jaw are bound to the skelleton along with the body).
I am a bit clueless how to proceed. How can I get the lashes and the teeth deform as they should?
Fast help would be appreciated. user added image

SW: Maya 7.0.1.

# 2 15-12-2006 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
intersting name; Dr Caligula was one of the only true German impressionist movies ever made. I think only 7 were made, this being the most famous. the protaganist recites his life story, taking the viewer on a journey through 'warped' scenes and mis-en-scene that any maya compulsive would do well to track down and check out. The punch comes when the viewer finds the protaganist has narrated the story from inside an insane asylum and it was nothing more than a journey through a disturbed mind. Add 666 and ??? demonic insanity?? anyway, its one of my favourite movies.

the answer, my GUESS is use a lattice, but that might open a whole new can of worms.?? seems to work in situatins like this at times though.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 15-12-2006 , 02:20 AM

Lattice?

I am not quite sure how that should work with the lattice (I am pretty new to maya and 3d). The lashes don`t just move but have to really deform - I have the deformed lash-objects ready for the blend shapes (and I really don`t want to modell them again - I took me already quite some time).

As I understand the lattice is just something to deform more efficently, and you can animate this deformation - but then you have to deform it every time the character blinks for example. Sounds pretty time-consuming . . .

Is there really no way to make a blend-shape with a group of objects?

# 4 15-12-2006 , 03:12 AM
Subscriber
not sure my frend, i make these suggestions in hope the bigger guns will correct me and in that way help you. from what i remember you can parent the lattice to the grouped geomety so as the gometry moves through it, it deforms. nothing to do with animatng the lattice.

check your help files for a workflow you need??

If you can find a tut from alias' learning tools called, 'hyper real face modelling,' (something like that) it will answer your question, but not in enough time if you are in a hurry.

its just that i remember a work flow similar to this on that tut.

user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 15-12-2006 , 03:55 AM
Right, thanks anyway