Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-05-2006 , 01:48 PM

bumpmap texture display problem please help

hi guy's that is me again. sorry about that. but here another small problem with display of bumpmap in modeling view. it is only visible in render view. I applay a bumpmap into a light of a car, I applay a planar mapping into it. but i can not see the bummap in modeling view only in render view. so if any little change happen in object i have to go to render view and see it. it very irittating me. please help. have a look clearly at the image and see what can you see to me or advice me please,

thanks everyone and happy mother's day to everyone:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails

:bow:
# 2 15-05-2006 , 01:52 PM
This might be a dumb solution...but have your pressed 6? So that you are showing high detail? Also I would actually rather have it as you now...but thats just my preference.

# 3 15-05-2006 , 02:48 PM
well, usually you don't see the bump map in the viewport, but if you go to view-high quality rendering (on), you might be able to see it.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 15-05-2006 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
render view for bumps or use ashali shaders or what ever theyr called
they just render in real time so u can see bumps and displacement maps without havin to render 0 but r ram intensive an nt all gfx cards do it well

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 16-05-2006 , 01:32 AM
hi guy's thanks for replay.

I trid press 6 on keyboard. but that is only for texture as colour, but not for bummap. i trid highquality in shader , it is already on. ut still nothing. i,m using maya 7, maybe my videocard. it is ATI radoen 9000 IGP.

please any other ADvice welkom.

# 6 16-05-2006 , 01:48 PM
Could be your cardas the recommended carsa are the Fire type.

You could use a IPR render to adjust the positioning, should be quicker than re-rendering the frame, plus thats what its there for!

# 7 16-05-2006 , 02:54 PM
hi gster123

thanks for replay. i know with IPR render is easy and quick, but i ,m using some gnomon maya dvd training. In the dvd lecture he use normal modeling view. and he does not need everytime press IPR render, so should be somewhere that need to be turn off or on to see the bumpmap,
i try contact the lecture of dvd , but it is hard, he use all the time for explain the dvd's, but he did not explain how to see the bumpmap. so it is for me question, it is in somewhere, but i don,t know. it is gnomon car modeling dvd. any help welkom

# 8 16-05-2006 , 03:02 PM
Dunno if this will work but try going to shading->hardware texturing, and then in the materials attributes go to hardware texturing, in the textured channel select bump map then set the resolution to highest???

# 9 17-05-2006 , 09:48 AM

maya bummap

hi I try what you said but it is trun to white colour. so nothing change.

please any other idee welkom. please look at the picture

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 17-05-2006 , 10:14 AM

my panel view now changng

hi gster123 . i try your idee, but i got another problem.
maya viewpanel keep changing. plz help

hi everyone. please help. that is the weirdest problem ever have seen. in default view maya there is 4 panel . presp_top_side_front. since last night my maya change to dubble (2) of front view. i try changed and set the attribute to reset(default), but everytime i start maya comeback to double front view. it is really erritat me. please help.

Attached Thumbnails

# 11 17-05-2006 , 11:50 AM
that happened with me on one project, coulden't figure it out, it all of a sudden happened.

Dunno about the bump map thing that was only suggestion I could come up with.

# 12 18-05-2006 , 08:04 PM
Don't know about your bump map dilemma, but the viewport problem sounds like you have maybe back clicked on the viewport and selected front view. Just a thought...

# 13 18-05-2006 , 08:17 PM
Nah man it's just like you've changed the defaults and its always defaults to it.

The solution I used was to import the file into a new scene, seems to solve it, but its a work round rarther than a fix

# 14 19-05-2006 , 08:36 AM

thanks everyone

hi guys thanks for replay. any instruction go back to default view?
please instruction. i trid many time default view , but keep changing abck to the double front. so i have change one of them manually to top view. i,m nearly finishing my project and ready for rendering. but i don,t main if i keep changing it untill my project finished. than start rendering. hi guy's . i need render an animation. do you know any tutores or dvd's training about rendering an animation of 30 second. please let me know if you know any dvd's or website specialy about rendering an animation. i render a model as an still image. but i need render my 30 sec animation as a movie clips. so please if you know something say something. does not matter how much cost i'll pay for it.

thanks guys. for all replay's I really appretiate your help

Antonio Australia