Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-07-2007 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber

no batch render

Had anyone this problem. MR wil nor batch render. A single frame OK, but multiples seem to be a problem.
:headbang:

Chris

# 2 05-07-2007 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
me too, I managed to make one set of multiple frames, then after that, nothing.

Any ideas on how to solve it

D

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 3 07-07-2007 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
Dae,

afther a long stare for about 2 days at the screen I finally exported allof the scene to a new scene, and guess what.........it worked!!

What the trouble will probably always be a mistery, but it worked, and searching the net I found out it is a problem that's not oncommon in MR:attn:

# 4 08-07-2007 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
Dae user added image What are you doing these days? Not seen you around 'ere for ages. Sorry to hijack the thread haha.

On topic then, I too have had this problem, and I ended up doing what you did. Deleted all history and unused materials and anything I could clean up. Exported the geometry into a file and started a new scene, re-import the geo. I thought it was an uggly workaround, and as often with those, rather than wasting more time trying to understand what was really going on I ended up with a hack wasting time setting everything up again (render globals, reassigning materials etc).

Temporarily solved but I still have no clue why it happened or if it could of been fixed with a far easier solution, or something simple but not yet clear to us (like the click of a button in some window or sommit silly).

The worst part is, such problems have a tendency to repeat itself. So if anyone has an insight to what is really going on when this happens, please do share.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 5 08-07-2007 , 10:02 AM
Subscriber
Eporting worked like a charm, cheers

As for myself, I am working far too hard, haven't done much Maya work for sometime now but that should all change soon, I am going to Escape in a few weeks time, thanks to work.

later all

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk