Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-05-2008 , 02:21 PM

Please help, Do you know about this TV AD effects,

hello to everyone.
I am back here. it is great place to be. but I have a question
Do you know the name of the effects that has been used in heinken TV beer commercials.
I mean I need to know only the ground (street effects) when all the bricks goes like water wave,
look at the video and please say something if you know something. any link welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzKI5O0wME

thanks look forward to hear from someone

# 2 23-05-2008 , 06:19 PM
Sure, for the road/bricks part there are many ways to achieve this, but it looks like FuelVFX used a combination of 2 main things:

A particle plane/geometry system of plates that flip over in varying speeds to reveal cobblestones using an animation curve as a driver for the ripple shape.

A script was written in Maya to run a simple motion curve over the whole road to make the plates create a "ripple" effect.

Each plate of road, when combined with a very fast flipping speed with over-cranked motion blur, along with hundreds of neighboring plates of stone flipping offset in time together make the ripple seem realisticuser added image

Maya was used for the 3D, final compositing and grade was done in Flame, and a lot of the buildings were a matte painting onto basic building geometry.

Check out the breakdown of this shot at FuelVFX www site in thier COMMERCIAL section:
Fuel VFX

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 24-05-2008 , 09:34 AM
thanks for explanation. that is great method to use it for commercials, thanks again , probably more question coming.
thanks again you are the best,

dubai3d