Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-01-2003 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber

Nice CGI surprise at my graduation

Hey I graduated at the weekend, thankyou, thankyou, you've been great, really, just great, oh sorry, lost it there a little.

Anyway, I graduated from the University of Derby in the U.K. and guess who happened to be receiving a doctorate for his achievements in the gaming industry, good old Jez from Core Design in Derby (if this name doesn't mean anything to you, just think TombRaider games!). Yeh, he went to Derby Uni and Core is based around here too!

Now having this guy get up and do a massive speech at my graduation was a nice little treat and it just went to show how the industry is getting recognition even in academic circles.

I'll tell ya, seeing the top brass at the uni introducing Jez with words about the awesome gameplay in Tomb Raider and Rick Dangerous was a bit funny to say the least but it made my day, I was so tempted to stop half way across stage and ask the guy for a job but I managed to restrain myself!

All in, a very special day, user added image

Z.

"And he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck right through him, with light comin out of his mouth!?"
# 2 27-01-2003 , 10:36 AM
Congrats dood! user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 27-01-2003 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber
Cheers mate, I'm well happy, think I'm gonna go and do some more stuff soon, cos I'm just that kinda guy!

Later

Z. user added image

"And he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck right through him, with light comin out of his mouth!?"