Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-01-2003 , 09:35 PM

noobie help please

hi,

i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong here, i know its probably something stupidly simple but i'm a total noob at the 'fur' part of Maya, i can set up a sphere and attach a fur description to it, but when i try to use the 'fur paint' tool nothing seems to happen, the paint edit window opens, and i choose my fur descripton and the tool i want to use (in this case) the bald tool, but when i try to paint with it nothing happens?? i've also tried the length one too which seems to do nothing user added image

Is the tool messed up, or is it me?

# 2 28-01-2003 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
When using baldness set the opacity to 1 and walue to 0. Then click on flood. Your model should be total balded now.

Then adjust apacity ald value the a fitting value and paint the fur, where you want it.

Kühl
# 3 28-01-2003 , 10:05 PM
Kuhl dood, you are a godsend m8, thankyou thankyou, it was driving me nutz user added image i've been asking around for a fur tutorial for ages with no luck, thankyou again, you are a diamond geeza user added image

# 4 28-01-2003 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
in maya hit f1
fur tuts hidden away in there user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 29-01-2003 , 01:05 AM
thanx nem. i ain't the sharpest knife in the box at the best o' times, or maybe's i is jus' idle minded user added image

# 6 29-01-2003 , 02:28 AM
The sharpest knife in the box is building a WarpDrive for Nasa.....the rest of us are all the same user added image