Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-03-2003 , 12:28 PM

playblast....Bird jumping.

Hi,

here is a playblast of a bird character of mine doing a simple jump from one place to another. Keen for critz on weight and general animation.

re Jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 2 23-03-2003 , 12:29 AM
SM Alumni
very nice... the landing is possibly a little rigid (though thats being picky) which makes the 2nd half of the jump look like its lacking velocity, but its a VERY minor niggle. looks great anyway user added image

is this part of a story or just a test?

# 3 23-03-2003 , 01:45 AM
in my opinion there must be more "weight" in the landing of the bird. and after that the bird has to try to hold it's equilibrium. i don't know how to explain this correctly. but i hope you understood! sorry for my bad english...

-=aibe=-

# 4 23-03-2003 , 09:54 AM
Hi,

thanks,

Have created more followthrough in the landing (maybe needs more) and added some minor changes to the wings, legs and Centre of Gravity also. I want there to come across a sense of urgency in his leap. eg. as if he is being pursued or pursuing something himself.

Yes it is a test for a little animation for the demo reel. I eventually want him to 'swing' from tree to tree in a similar fashion. The trees taking the weight of him as he lands on each one, etc....

re jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....