Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-05-2003 , 02:06 AM

reference pics

hi,
i am a complete, absolute beginner in maya, and i browse the forums here to see some of the cool work and maybe learn something. i have seen many, many people talk about reference pics. i have an idea of what it is...but how can you use them to model something? do i need to import them? i tried importing some pictures...but i can't find a way to modify them...any help would be greatly appreceiated. thanx a lot. user added image

# 2 18-05-2003 , 02:30 AM
Welcome to the SM forums, qwerty. You might want to explore the site a bit as this has been asked many of times before. Check out the freebie video tutorial on setting up image planes....that'll answer your questions. Here's the link:

Setting Up Image Planes

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."