Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-01-2005 , 03:10 PM

UV cordinates

How do i "find"(?) them? user added image i saw a guy taking the UV cordinates out in a tut. but he didn't say how user added image

# 2 14-01-2005 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
Hope you're ready for opening a can of worms. UV mapping is difficult area to jump in to.
To get you started, select your poly object, then select "edit polygons"->texture->automatic...
from your panels menu, select panel, saved layouts, persp/UV editor in order to see your scene and the uv editor side by side.

From there it gets much more difficult, but start there, play with selecting uvs, edges, faces between the two panels to see how they interact with eachother.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 14-01-2005 , 09:46 PM
hmm, ok.. thank you

# 4 15-01-2005 , 06:06 AM
i think he means like taking the UVs into photoshop...if thats what u mean then u lay the UVs out in the UV editor then umm...u can take a snapshot i dont know the exact menus. It may be called save UVs or snap shot im not much of a texture guy.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein
# 5 15-01-2005 , 07:33 AM
Subscriber
Snapshot is under the file menu of the UV editor.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 6 15-01-2005 , 03:14 PM
Ah thanks, that shold do it user added image