Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 211 09-08-2005 , 05:27 PM
he could have just switched the light on shadeblade

looking well smart user added image

# 212 09-08-2005 , 09:24 PM
Hey thanks guysuser added image

Shadeblade, The brother is aiming the flashlight to the bathroon, as he saw soming moving. Without the flashlight you can'y really see the killer. The pictire of Jesus has always been there, well I think I put it there on my 10th render or something. I you go to page 2 or 3 and look closely you will see the picture of Jesususer added image

niasyn, I plan to add much more to the scene such as you listed, and more! user added image

t1ck135, hehehe... that could be it touser added image

Here an update, i'm more plase with the lighting at this point, so now i'm of to bumpmapping!

Oh by the way, I just fix the shadows (using a mental ray area light) and use no FG this time, to give it a darker look.

https://mars.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/bbbbb_copy.jpg

# 213 10-08-2005 , 05:16 AM

# 214 10-08-2005 , 06:22 AM
Ah, okay I see. user added image Well, other than that, I think the floor and bump map look "Simply" awesome. You should start making tutorials user added image I'm sure that they would be hits!

Oh, how do you make soft shadows?

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 215 10-08-2005 , 06:28 AM
Thanks Shadebladeuser added image

I use a mental ray area light for soft shadows.

Making tutorials? Hmm... I could make one after this challenge, if everyone really really wants one.

Anyways back to workuser added image

# 216 10-08-2005 , 01:02 PM

nice

The shadows look much better. You may want to lighten the area of the person with the flashlight, it is a little too dark around him. Nice work.

# 217 10-08-2005 , 05:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
You might want to remove the "forgive me" from the bump map and just make it more of the wall, as right now, the words are slightly bumped out, it seems, which doesn't make that much sense. user added image

Awesome scene! Very "Silent Hill".

# 218 10-08-2005 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
I would suggest toning down the bump map on the wall. The floor looks greeat though.

# 219 11-08-2005 , 05:48 PM
Technical Director
you cant really see the blood on the wall... maybe move it up a bit. also I think the chains are a little too distracting. maybe put a rim light to even it out a bit.

looks good mate. keep going!user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 220 12-08-2005 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber
awesome,
but just one thing, the guy in the air is dead right?
it looks lika his arms are strugeling to come out of the chains or something, the armes is not straight, and they are not looking dead, Maybe i got it all wrong user added image anyway. NICE WORK!

# 221 12-08-2005 , 09:33 PM

Blood

I think the blood should not cover as much of the floor as it does. Also, about the chains and limp torso that everyone mentions, I think the guy should be hanging a bit more lifelessly. It looks good now, but if you want it to be great, it needs some work.

# 222 17-08-2005 , 05:39 PM
Thanks for all your replys guysuser added image

I have not had much time in the last week, do to relationship problems. So now I have my own placeuser added image This was a big relationship, as we have a baby together! But sadly I never was in love with her, but I do love her as a personuser added image

Anyways, I did a render last night, been doing some different ideas. I am playing around with the lighting using some glow effect. I also change some textures around as well, and moved the camreauser added image

joed8349, i'll see what I can do. I take the brother out for now, as I think the scene looks better. But I may put him back in later, like a from behind view.

mtmckinley, thanks man. I fix bumpsuser added image

Minstrel, thanks. I fix ituser added image

NextDesign, I hope the new camrea view is better for all the chains.

Angalid, thanks. Sam has a hook through the back of his haed, which holds him upuser added image

joed8349, thanks. The blood on the floor is less now. Hope you like it better nowuser added image

Well heres the update. Oh also, I added some DOF as well as FG & GIuser added image

https://mars.walagata.com/w/vedic_kings/shm1.jpg

# 223 17-08-2005 , 05:44 PM

# 224 17-08-2005 , 06:54 PM
Look cool .

The Lunar Factory Inc .

MSN : samuel.poirier@gmail.com
# 225 17-08-2005 , 07:18 PM
I like it before photoshop. user added image
What's the hole in the floor?

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.