Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-02-2006 , 01:46 AM
Subscriber

So much problems with maya 7.0

I finally updated to 7.0, I've been using 6.0 for awhile now.

I've ran into some problems that's driving me nuts.
In 6.0 I kept crashing because it can't seem to handle my image plane resolution or something. It's jpg and it's not even that big...

Then I finally updated to 7.0 and it runs fine, no more crashing woopie. Some cool features like the F button where it gradually moves into the model rather than jumping to it.

Butttt the problem that persisted was that in nurbs, I can't display CV's in perspective view. It sees it just fine in ortho view. I also can't snap to point in nurbs with the CV's. As for drawing curvs, when I draw it out, it doesnt show the CV's again.

So I went into poly mode and tried the snapping tool, when I had the snapping on, the little circle icon doesnt change, it stays the same but it snaps.

When drawing curves on "make live", the curves bounce all over the place when I draw it in the front view. Its just fine in all the other view, but of course I hadnt drawn it on the top view yet so maybe theres a problem there too.

Another problem is that I don't see my graph in ortho view over my image plane even though i pulled it all the way back.

# 2 17-02-2006 , 01:48 AM
howsabout updating to 7.0.1 its free

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 17-02-2006 , 02:28 AM
Subscriber
I'll give that a try.