Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-02-2006 , 05:23 AM
Subscriber

lost all handles

When ever I select any manipulator tools, none of the handles are shown. I can move it about and shape it but the rotate tool is a bit hard. Using the universal manipulator doesn't help either??? How do I bring up the handles???

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-02-2006 , 10:00 AM
I had this and it could be your graphics card, (it was when I was trying to use maya with an intergrated card!!)

Do you see the manipulators in one of hte windows but not all of them, cos that was my problem.

# 3 07-02-2006 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
ERM NOT SURE
may b they are hidden under the mesh
try pushing the '+' a couple of times to see if they appear as this increases their size

if not mayb u need to restore preset on either the whole of maya or just each tool
ask if ur not sure how to restore defaults

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 07-02-2006 , 05:54 PM
go to the maya folder on the c drive, and delete the prefs file and restart maya, then a new prefs file will be created with default settings.

# 5 09-02-2006 , 05:11 AM
Subscriber
Thank you very much. On a network so needed to delete both pref files and restarted, handles were back. Excellent. Thanks

# 6 15-03-2006 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
where is this prefs file and what is it real name ?

# 7 15-03-2006 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
Maya sets up a folder on c when you begin to use it. In this folder there is a folder called 7.0. In this folders is prefs. Remembers how you set up the maya interface, your preferences. Deleting it sets it back to default