Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-08-2006 , 03:30 PM
Subscriber

Aligning Vertices to Y Axle

Hi everyone!

I am following the Organic Modeling Tutorial 2 and I got to a stage where is suposed to align the midle vertices of the head to the Y axle. Kurt says to select the vertices, go the front view and then move them in Y axle, while pressing 'X' in the keyboard, moving them first to the right side and then moving them back to the Y axle... But when I do this, they continue to be in the same place (unaligned)!

Here is the picture:
user added image

Any help is welcome!

Regards,
Sepraud

Last edited by Sepraud; 07-08-2006 at 07:41 PM.
# 2 06-08-2006 , 04:32 PM
Well when you hold x it should snap to axis. Make sure you are holding x before you click to move them...another way to do it is to click on the snap to axis button on the shelf...

# 3 07-08-2006 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber
Double click your move tool, you'll see the options box come up to the right of it, Look for a setting called " Retain componant spacing", uncheck it..

Hold X, click and watch user added image
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 07-08-2006 , 02:40 AM
Alternatively, you can use the scale tool.

Make sure "discreet scale" is checked, and relative is not, then scale the verts down - they should snap to "zero" scale, which aligns them all to each other.

# 5 07-08-2006 , 01:00 PM
Subscriber
Thank you all! You solved the problem! :attn:

Regards, user added image
Sepraud