Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-11-2002 , 12:43 AM

hey i have another question hehe :) [about explosions]

i would like to know how to make some hehehe and have a pic of something that i would like it too look like user added image

here's the pic

~TJ~

that's all atm i will post more as soon i remember what they were user added image

# 2 27-11-2002 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber
you will find hell a lot of explosion tutorials on the internetuser added image

# 3 01-12-2002 , 11:21 PM
As a total newbie, I'd also be interested in some particle specific tut's. Explosions, fire, water, anything dynamics related. I've been looking around on th web for a little while now, and have met with very limited success. Is this something we should put off until we're a little more experienced?

Any particle links would be great. Including peoples web sites for ref.

# 4 01-12-2002 , 11:47 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by satch
As a total newbie, I'd also be interested in .. Explosions, fire, water .. Is this something we should put off until we're a little more experienced?

ok, i am a newbie too. but i do know something: explosions, fire, and water is nothing you should mess around as newbie. there is other stuff that should be learned before touching such effects. of course you can just add some fire though adding some fx provided by maya, but that will not tell you the least about what you did or why you did it. and with maya 4.5 you have 2 different approaches to make fire. one is through particles, and the other is through fluids. sounds strange, but the fluids have the potential to create better and more realistic fire than particles. but you will not find fluid tuts as of right now, the fluids are just too new.

# 5 03-12-2002 , 04:41 AM
Subscriber
hmmm... I should have a look at trying to make some fire effects. I'm, well, not a pro yet in Maya - so I guess that makes me a newbie too. Perhaps I'll leave fire for a little while then.

4.5 sounds really good, but I'll have to make do with 4.0 for now.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP