Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 13-10-2010 , 06:56 AM

Originally posted by murambi
so how exactly do you get time to do this other stuff like outlaws comic if most of your days are like this

Jay's superhuman. He also worked on Hawkins Universe so maybe the good prof let him in on some way of interdimensional time travel, or splitting himself into more than one incarnation of himself.

Nice insight Jay!

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 13-10-2010 , 10:05 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL Steve. Ive actually cloned myself LOL.

Murambi: Basically Outlaws hasnt been updated for a fair while because I've been busy. Leads and seniors have the larger responsibility of a production, so they have to go to meetings, make sure stuff is right and so on, and sometimes that means staying late while the other artists have all gone home.

At the moment Im doing Outlaw over time on weekends, so its taking longer to get done as weekends are limited too because I need to have a life, or at least a bit of one LOL. Plus I need to wash my pants at some point, as theres only so many times you can reverse them in a week.

cheers
J

# 18 13-10-2010 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
See that's the best part of working form home mate.
I can go to work in my P.J.'s!.. no need to wash pants until i run out of food!
Heh
g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 19 16-10-2010 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
Sounds like a lot of fun... great write-up jay user added image

# 20 16-10-2010 , 08:24 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
LOL, the best part about working from is being at home, but for me it kind of sucks as I love the studio atmosphere - the buzz of knowing a film is being made. Being at home day in and out is not good for the head as you tend to work more and play less, balance is key, and a bit of interaction with others is good too. though generally Im pretty quiet at work just doing the do.

Yeah we do have a good laugh too when the opportunity arises. From what can be a quiet working environment can turn into a real riot and everyone can break the mould and laugh about, but the team are well drilled and we can snap out of it as quickly as it started.

good stuff

Jay

# 21 16-10-2010 , 02:28 PM
Lifetime Member
Great thread and thanks for the write-up Jay! Very informative!

Amazing how my day is very similar except I'm in Architecture and Design as an associate designer. The higher up the more meetings you go to!

# 22 16-10-2010 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
I would so love to get into a job like this, but I don't know if I have the talent to do it... plus going to school is extremely hard for me with a full time job already going... sounds like your work is pretty fun yet hard work at the same time...

# 23 07-12-2010 , 05:57 PM
Administrator
I missed this first time around cool read cheers mate.

Dave user added image

# 24 07-12-2010 , 08:41 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

I missed this first time around cool read cheers mate.

Dave user added image

Dave? Identity crisis!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 25 07-12-2010 , 08:45 PM
EduSciVis-er

Dave? Identity crisis!

It's Miss Dava user added imageuser added imageuser added image

# 26 07-12-2010 , 08:51 PM
Administrator
I think the new site's just starting to get to him, wouldn't surprise me if he starts swaying around in my underwear as well any day nowuser added image

Nilla aka Dave

# 27 07-12-2010 , 11:04 PM
Lifetime Member
Jay, could you give me an approximation of the total man hours a char model or prop or whatever is budgeted to take? I know my models arent up to par YET but whats worse I believe I take too many years to complete each one.

Learn from others mistakes, it takes too long to make them all yourself.
# 28 08-12-2010 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber

Dave? Identity crisis!

Hahahahahaha!! Dammit, thats funny i laughed so hard i spat all my breakfast onto keyboard user added image

# 29 08-12-2010 , 04:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
Cool post, Jay! I'm a Senior Environment Artist, but I don't have any of the responsibilities you do. At our studio, you would probably be classified as a Lead. I would give a write up about my day, but it wouldn't be as exciting as yours. user added image

# 30 08-12-2010 , 05:09 AM
EduSciVis-er

I would give a write up about my day, but it wouldn't be as exciting as yours. user added image

Please do user added image It's always interesting to hear what life is like "in the industry".